E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 6dc4 Control module, variant coding help !!

03-15-2022, 12:48 PM   #1
bigbandshawdy
Rep
Drives: 07 335i sedan

E90 6dc4 Control module, variant coding help !!

Name:  5BC3CC5E-6578-41B3-9F82-6824BAE5D3C2.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  248.4 KB

My car abs brake dsc lights are all on currently and my speedometer doesn’t work either..

Hooked car up to protools to check code and I gotten 6dc4 Control module, variant coding

Im not sure if it’s the abs module I need to replace or not
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 03:54 PM   #2
Mscotese
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328ix  [0.00]
Did you ever solve this problem?

I Bought a non-running 2010 328i last month. Finally found the problem and replaced both VANOS sprockets and re-timed the engine so it starts and runs well now BUT the dash lights up like a Christmas tree and my spedometer and odometder do not work at all. I graphed the output of all 4 ABS speed sensors on my scan tool and they all read zero. Hard to believe I have 4 bad speed sensors. I checked all the ABS system fuses and all are good. Battery is strong. I can actuate the ABS pump just fine with my scan tool. I'm thinking ABS control module is the problem. I tried unpluging and re-pluging it but no change. Any words of wisdom? Thanks, Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 11:31 PM   #3
alfaguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2010

Another case of DSC coding variant error code 6DC4

Hi - I'm double checking if anyone has follow-up advice on this thread, I seem to have the same symptoms. After an engine rebuild with my son, I now have only one code left to clear - 6DC4 (DSC: Control module, variant coding). His car is a 2010 328i xdrive E92 (VIN WBAKF5C51BE517502). I'm getting the ABS/4x4/DTC lights coming on immediately with ignition and the speedo doesn't work. The DSC itself seems to be ok, a Foxwell code reader can pull DSC status and can perform functions like reset the steering sensor, read lateral acceleration sensor, and read all 4 wheel speed sensors (which all show zero while driving). The error first appeared after we put the engine back into the car, which involved numerous battery disconnects and jumps. We didn’t touch the ABS so we're pretty sure we didn’t break anything physically relating to the DSC. The original DME was reprogrammed by ECU Pro due to corrosion on the connector and the original FRM was repaired because the EEPROM was corrupted, presumably because of the battery disconnects. So, we're stumped on what could be wrong with the DSC. One possibility is an issue referred to in a YouTube video that caught my attention (it's well worth a watch by the way). At around the 23 minute mark, it explains that there are two CPUs in the DSC, working in parallel and that if they disagree, as a fail safe the DSC disables ABS. Maybe that's my issue? Has anyone come across this issue before? Many thanks for your consideration.

Appreciate 0