E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Looking for my 3rd E90...

05-10-2023, 11:20 AM   #1
E90Has
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i AUTO N54

Looking for my 3rd E90...

Hi all, hope you’re all well and loving life !! as the title suggests. I’m looking for my 3rd e90. Based in UK Manchester.
Long list of Previous cars but since I had my e90 335d I’ve stuck to bmw. Although the 335d was a while ago. I miss it till this day. 19 months of stress free driving. No issues at all. It was a 2010 and it was 2018 when I bought it. Fantastic car. My second e90 was a m3. Now that. I did not not enjoy as much. Spent allot of the time in the garage. And was just too clunky and rattly.

Now I’m looking for a 3rd. Until I get a bmw i4. Just can’t justify the prices at the moment.

In talks with someone who has a one keeper from new e90 335i N54 95k on the clock. Fully loaded. Memory seats. Sunroof. Sensors. Xenon’s. Everything I can think of.
Very good and extensive service history.

Is there anything I need to look out for? Should I be even considering this. Or not at all?

BMW are willing to warranty it for 1000 with 100 excess. But after 100,000 miles it doesn’t cover components damaging due to wear and tear. Only mechanical and electrical faults. Not really sure what this means. But I’d probably hit that mileage by September.

All opinions and thoughts are accepted. Feels good to be back on here and just as exciting as it did 5 years ago!

Thanks in advance.

Hassan.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 11:53 AM   #2
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Just buy it! E9x is the peak of the true BMW experience. Combustion engines are on the decline so it'll just keep getting harder to find cheap fun cars. Have the turbos, injectors, or HPFP been replaced?

I just bought my third E90 last week, E93 actually, and it's my first N54. Turbos and HPFP were already replaced under warranty, zero wastegate rattle so my fingers are crossed. Not sure about injectors - I need to check the records, however there is a ticking sound when the engine is cold that goes away when warmed up. Definitely sounds like an injector but could be something else.

£1000 seems like a lot for a 4 month warranty, if the maintenance history is good then I think it's worth taking the risk.

Welcome back!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 11:59 AM   #3
E90Has
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for your quick reply. So the issue I’m having is. Even though it’s a one owner car. The dealer who has it took it in a part ex for a f31 he doesn’t know much about them so can only tell me what knows and sees in the service history. There isn’t any additional paperwork. Service history is very good. It’s had an oil change every year without fail. With an average of 7000 miles a year

He said they did a full service and when they went to chnage the spark plugs they could see the injectors have been changed and are index 12. Apart from that all he could tell me is that the owner was a very nice mature man lol.

As it’s a used car dealership he’s willing to give me 6 month gold warranty assist warranty. Now I don’t know if you’re uk based. But I’ve never really trusted these aftermarket warranties. So I’m just about to research them now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 12:35 PM   #4
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

I am not UK based but if your used car dealership third party warranties are anything like those in the US, I'd pass. I have no personal experience, but have heard many stories of those companies finding every reason to deny any claims.

Regular oil changes are a good thing, sounds like the car has been maintained. If the price is reasonable then go for it. Can you get a pre-purchase inspection from an independent BMW mechanic?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 12:44 PM   #5
E90Has
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
I am not UK based but if your used car dealership third party warranties are anything like those in the US, I'd pass. I have no personal experience, but have heard many stories of those companies finding every reason to deny any claims.

Regular oil changes are a good thing, sounds like the car has been maintained. If the price is reasonable then go for it. Can you get a pre-purchase inspection from an independent BMW mechanic?
So that’s another thing, I asked the dealer to do that. He said he’s abit too busy to go and get that done. But if I send a company to him to do a check he’s totally happy with that…
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 08:33 AM   #6
E90Has
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
Just buy it! E9x is the peak of the true BMW experience. Combustion engines are on the decline so it'll just keep getting harder to find cheap fun cars. Have the turbos, injectors, or HPFP been replaced?

I just bought my third E90 last week, E93 actually, and it's my first N54. Turbos and HPFP were already replaced under warranty, zero wastegate rattle so my fingers are crossed. Not sure about injectors - I need to check the records, however there is a ticking sound when the engine is cold that goes away when warmed up. Definitely sounds like an injector but could be something else.

£1000 seems like a lot for a 4 month warranty, if the maintenance history is good then I think it's worth taking the risk.

Welcome back!
Quick update. Got it a week ago. Been brilliant so far !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 10:48 AM   #7
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

looks great and nice spec. i would into the injectors/spare set, as that looks to be a long term keeper
Appreciate 0