E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > ST high mileage n54?

05-28-2023, 04:10 PM   #1
ee90
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E90 335xi, E39

ST high mileage n54?

Hey everyone, my car has hit 210k km on the stock turbo but I am starting to hear rattling on start up sometimes. Which makes me think the wastegate is starting to go on it. I would like to single turbo the car but is it worth it with this many miles on the engine? I only daily drive it in the summer and have a second car if anything goes south but at this mileage I’m honestly thinking it won’t be worth it and that I should part the car out and buy something else.

Im already into it for $15k cad and selling it as is wont really be easy and I’ll probably loose money doing it that way. But parting it out is also something I don’t really want to do because I do love the car.

Will it handle a single setup at this mileage? I’m wanting to push 500-600hp and I have looked into upgraded twins but for a little bit more I could get a single which is much better imo.

Any opinions? I’d like to think with good maintenance the stock turbos will last another 50k? And single for another 50k? Or is that unheard of on a single setup?
Appreciate 0