E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > VAC Hub Extender for E9X doesn't fit, help!

10-28-2022, 06:17 PM   #1
JuniorMint335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

VAC Hub Extender for E9X doesn't fit, help!

I bought a set of Hub Extenders from VAC Motorsports for my E92 nonX Drive. I am having a hard time fitting it into the Hub. I already tried cleaning and sanding the dirt and rust out of the Hub and it still seems to feel like an interference fit.

I was tapping it with a rubber mallet and doesn't feel like it made any progress. The Hub in fact seems to be chipping away the black coating on the Extender. Didn't seem right so I stopped for now. If anyone used these Hubs, could you shed some light on what methods you used? The Extender does have E9X engraved on it so I know I've got the correct one. Is it normally this tight fit?

Thanks in advance.

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...hub-p2191.aspx
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 11:33 PM   #2
JuniorMint335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

An update to this. Finally got it to work!!

I called VAC support and they sent me the work instructions for installing it. Strange that it didn't come with the product.. The instructions saids to press the extender into the Hub with a picture showing the hub off the car. I wasn't going to remove the Hub from the car. The Extender seems slightly oversize compared to the bore, maybe tolerances were not in my favor and there was no way that I could tap it in with a mallet (as the instruction uses). I gave up after finagling it for while and even put the part in the freezer overnight and torched the hub, it still didn't work. I ended up using a hand file and filed just enough materials off to make it work. Be careful not to shave off too much as it is supposed to be a tight fit to prevent it from falling out. It should require alot of tapping to get it in. Anyways, I thought I share my experience for anyone who may come across this problem.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0