E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Redshift's 335d Touring/Wagon 6-speed Manual Build Thread (USA)

09-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #133
Redshift
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
I know you have spend a ton of money but see the picture I attached. I did this on my 335d sedan. It will bolt right up to our 335d rear subrame. I found them in a salvage yard for cheap. $100 for the pair. New they are available at $185 per side but require M3 specific rear struts. see picture please.
May add at a future date but seems good as is. Iím not sure how much additional benefit those will give me.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 06:50 AM   #134
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
May add at a future date but seems good as is. Iím not sure how much additional benefit those will give me.
I figured you spend $$$ on all those Bimmerworld aftermarket adjustable links in the rear suspension. The M3 camber links provide better adjustability in negative camber I'm told. Also the bottom of strut is allowed to rotate relative to the link unlike the standard E9X design. I run -1.5į camber at all 4 corners for a neutral feel.

Finally, the aluminum camber arm is stronger and a bit lighter than the standard steel one. You had done many other M3 change overs purely on principle (my take anyway). Of course, it's your money. I'll not bother you on this one anymore.

I did see that you had a change of heart on the M3 cowl. Great addition!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 07:07 AM   #135
Redshift
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
I figured you spend $$$ on all those Bimmerworld aftermarket adjustable links in the rear suspension. The M3 camber links provide better adjustability in negative camber I'm told. Also the bottom of strut is allowed to rotate relative to the link unlike the standard E9X design. I run -1.5į camber at all 4 corners for a neutral feel.

Finally, the aluminum camber arm is stronger and a bit lighter than the standard steel one. You had done many other M3 change overs purely on principle (my take anyway). Of course, it's your money. I'll not bother you on this one anymore.

I did see that you had a change of heart on the M3 cowl. Great addition!
The shock adjusters were too tall for the factory braces so I swapped to the M3 braces and might as well have done the cowl at the same time.

I can get more than -2.0į camber with my current setup so adjustability isnít a factor. I spent $$ on the custom MCS shocks so while theM3 rear lower arms would be nice, theyíd cost me more than just the arm price. Iíd need to change the shock mounts and realign. Iím trying to stop spending on the car as it was already way over budget and isnít really lacking anything other than tweaking the tune and installation of a second CP3 which I already have all the parts for.

Iíll definitely consider the M3 arms in the future but just not good timing for me right now. I always appreciate comments on my builds. Just be to donít immediately implement them doesnít mean I donít, or even that I disagree. There are other reasons at this time. Thank you for the input.
Appreciate 0