E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > BMW E9X - European Headlight Switch - Rear Fog - #61319169404 - E92 E93 M3 335i

05-30-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
Mister_R
R
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport Cabrio (E93)

Garage List
Offered for sale is a BMW - E9X Headlight Control Element Switch. Genuine, original equipment European Spec BMW part featuring the rear fog light button which illuminates as well as halogen leveling wheel. Awesome OEM+ upgrade for your US Spec E9X rather than hacking your original. Switch is in great lightly used condition (9/10), fully operational (has been tested) and being sold as-is. Switch was acquired from an N54 powered E90 in the United Kingdom and imported to the US. ECS Tuning and Turner Motorsports sell these for $170+. Please cross reference part numbers, etc to confirm fitment with your vehicle. Photos are of the actual item you will receive, can't rotate them on here for some reason. Located in Queens, NYC. Thank you.

SOLD SOLD SOLD
Attached Images

07-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #2
Mister_R
R
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Update 07/10/20 - multiple switches available, including one with premium package chrome knob.
Attached Images

07-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #3
ewicky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi 4D AT

7 of the 8 of these aren't gonna work with US-spec adaptive bi-xenon, which many of us are equipped with. That's gonna be a hard sell.
Edit: you might have better luck selling internationally.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #4
Mister_R
R
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewicky View Post
7 of the 8 of these aren't gonna work with US-spec adaptive bi-xenon, which many of us are equipped with. That's gonna be a hard sell.
Edit: you might have better luck selling internationally.
I have tested EACH switch on MY American M Sport E93 with adaptive headlamps. Everything works except the leveling wheel. I originally did the hack mod to my original the one you refrenced in the images, damaged it and purchased a European switch. The first post has photos in MY vehicle with the switch ON and illuminated. Thanks my guy...
      07-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #5
ewicky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_R View Post
I have tested EACH switch on MY American M Sport E93 with adaptive headlamps. Everything works except the leveling wheel. I originally did the hack mod to my original the one you refrenced in the images, damaged it and purchased a European switch. The first post has photos in MY vehicle with the switch ON and illuminated. Thanks my guy...
I guess "everything works" is subjective. Everything might light up like its working, but adaptive doesn't work without the adaptive setting. 7 of the 8 don't have that. That's the reason they have the leveling knob; they aren't for adaptive.
The 1 of the 8 that does have adaptive is the one in your car in the picture.
I'm not trying to like sabotage you or anything; I don't really care. I just saw this in the regional section and thought I'd help point you to where they might sell better.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 03:33 PM   #6
Mister_R
R
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewicky View Post
Quote:
I guess "everything works" is subjective. Everything might light up like its working, but adaptive doesn't work without the adaptive setting. 7 of the 8 don't have that. That's the reason they have the leveling knob; they aren't for adaptive.
The 1 of the 8 that does have adaptive is the one in your car in the picture.
I'm not trying to like sabotage you or anything; I don't really care. I just saw this in the regional section and thought I'd help point you to where they might sell better.
Do you have these in/on your vehicle? I have taken these fully apart to compare and actually made mine (the one in the photos on my vehicle) a hybrid of sorts with the adaptive/auto feature AND still kept the leveling wheel with rear fog button functionality. The Euro circuit board is already set with this just like most of the US spec, the ring on the front is what has a stopper and no logo, so it wont go far left for the adaptive...I replaced it with the adaptive ring on the euro circuit board and it still works and alternates from low beam + high to just low as intended although I rarely use it. It does not illuminate green however due to no smd light chip in that position. The European leveling wheel is intended for use with halogen front fog lamps, not the headlights. Peep the logo on the switch itself as reference. Below are the actual European and US Spec circuit boards.
Attached Images

07-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #7
ewicky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you have these in/on your vehicle? I have taken these fully apart to compare and actually made mine (the one in the photos on my vehicle) a hybrid of sorts with the adaptive/auto feature AND still kept the leveling wheel with rear fog button functionality. The Euro circuit board is already set with this just like most of the US spec, the ring on the front is what has a stopper and no logo, so it wont go far left for the adaptive...I replaced it with the adaptive ring on the euro circuit board and it still works and alternates from low beam + high to just low as intended although I rarely use it. It does not illuminate green however due to no smd light chip in that position. The European leveling wheel is intended for use with halogen front fog lamps, not the headlights. Peep the logo on the switch itself as reference. Below are the actual European and US Spec circuit boards.
The thumbwheel is not for foglights. It is for low beams if you don't have adaptive bi-xenons. To your point, if you look REALLY close you can see the symbol represents height adjustment arrows tacked onto a standard lowbeam symbol. No fog.

And you need to have the A option for adaptive headlights to be ... adaptive. If you have a way to physically modify them to allow them to spin past left of 0 to get to the imaginary A option then that's cool.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/a...8bc6_80444.jpg

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...stment/21B8Ur4

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ght/1VncGGVqQj

edit: this is a good one toohttps://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...lights/1tGGc18

I went thru all of this cuz I thought the height adjustment was super cool so I went to buy one. I thought the only reason we didn't have that in the US is because BMW thought we are to stupid to know how to use it (as is often the case LoL). But nah, the adaptive does it for us, does it better, and the knob doesn't influence the adaptive system. In this process I also found out that the "A" setting is Adaptive, not just Automatic. I thought for sure it was just Automatic. I thought when it's night time and I'm on A, that is the exact same as having the knob all the way to the right. But that's not true. They don't adapt. You have to have (and be on) the A. Adapt meaning they aim horizontally and vertically.

So that's what I meant by "7 of the 8 of these aren't gonna work with US-spec adaptive bi-xenon, which many of us are equipped with." I mean, as they appear in the pictures, they don't have an A setting and therefore aren't for adaptive bi-xenon cars, or as I hastily put it, "aren't gonna work"

Last edited by ewicky; 07-10-2020 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
Mister_R406.50
      07-11-2020, 12:09 PM   #8
Mister_R
R
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I am also willing to part out the switches since there is an adaptive headlight issue. Rear fog button and the pusher piece behind it or just the pusher piece if you do the hack mod to your original US Spec. button. Figured people would want the whole part considering it is illuminated like the other button and dial also.

Euro Rear Fog Button + Pusher Piece $25 Shipped
Pusher Piece Only $12 Shipped
Attached Images

07-13-2020, 03:54 PM   #9
Curtdaflirtjlp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i 6 speed

Bump for a good NYC seller. Very considerate to part out. For those just looking for a "rear fog" upgrade/mod, this is a great option!
Appreciate 1
Mister_R406.50
      07-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #10
Mister_R
R
United_States
Rep

Garage List
7/26/20 - Bump, just got my hands on a few more.
Attached Images

08-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #11
megaocher
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i

Hey, is the premium one still available and does it have the halogen wheel?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #12
Mister_R
R
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaocher View Post
Hey, is the premium one still available and does it have the halogen wheel?
Premium/LCI one is not available, 6 complete units left.
      08-14-2020, 05:20 PM   #13
Mister_R
R
United_States
Rep

Garage List
08/14/20 - Bumpppp.

I have ONE European spec. switch left. Would prefer to only sell complete. 75 obo.

-R
      09-02-2020, 09:50 PM   #14
714-Bimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is Convertible

335is !

Message sent regarding switch.

Mark
      09-02-2020, 09:52 PM   #15
714-Bimmer