E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 2C3A CODE

09-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #1
Kalvin__
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i 6MT

2C3A CODE

Hey guys, I am getting a persistent 2C3A (DME: Oxygen sensor 2 before catalytic converter: Dynamics) code. Tuner says the logs look good and I'm not leaning out etc, yet the code will come back within a day of driving after clearing, and today my first cel light came on because of it.

I installed my 6266 BB doc race kit two weeks ago, and after the first driving I was getting the code on and off. This past week, I tidied up an exhaust leak(I thought), installed new Index 12's and brand new bosch primary o2s(rear/downstream o2's were replaced when I did the single install). The same night after fixing it I drove it and the code came back so i don't know if I fried the brand new o2's already or what but I'm stuck on this code. Every single maintenance has been done on this car too, but any advice would help.

Thanks.

IG: @Verifyez
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #2
borskii
Private
Rep
Drives: 335is 6MT

I had that code along with a 2AAF - Fuel pump, plausibility after a WOT. Cleared and disappeared. I attributed to a bad tune. Are you able to flash back to stock or a previous map just to test or have you tried resetting adaptation?

There's 4 O2 sensors locations on twins, right? Not sure how its set up with single turbo.

Upstream, front bank 1
Downstream, front bank 1
Upstream, rear bank2
Downstream, rear bank 2

Are all 4 replaced?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:19 AM   #3
Kalvin__
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by borskii View Post
I had that code along with a 2AAF - Fuel pump, plausibility after a WOT. Cleared and disappeared. I attributed to a bad tune. Are you able to flash back to stock or a previous map just to test or have you tried resetting adaptation?

There's 4 O2 sensors locations on twins, right? Not sure how its set up with single turbo.

Upstream, front bank 1
Downstream, front bank 1
Upstream, rear bank2
Downstream, rear bank 2

Are all 4 replaced?
I've tried what you said before and they both didn't work. And yeah I have 4 o2's on my doc kit. All 4 have been replaced as well.

IG: @Verifyez
Appreciate 0