E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Rough Idle/Whistling Noise

08-25-2020, 11:31 PM   #1
raja101
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35d

Rough Idle/Whistling Noise

Hey everyone, running into an issue that is driving me nuts. While cleaning out the vanos solenoids i accidentally switched the connectors when re-installing. Since then this has been a headache.
When i start my car up it a has a rough idle for about 10 seconds and then levels off and drives perfectly fine. There is a loud whistling noise that comes from the engine. When the car is cold the whistling noise doesn't come around until the engine warms up.
I am thinking its the Crankcase Breather System but could it also be the Crankcase vent valve on the valve cover? The car is not misfiring and only once did a see a cloud of smoke on start up. After that it never did it again. Mileage is the same.

Suggestions?
Appreciate 0