E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Heated vs Non-Heated seats

09-01-2020, 04:13 PM   #1
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Heated vs Non-Heated seats

My car was ordered with heated seats and Oyster interior. I've been looking for a coral interior but can never find the exact combo I need (LCI, coupe, power, heated)

What would be needed to make non-heated seats into heated seats? Do all e9x seats have the heating elements under the leather, and I'd have to swap the seat modules from under the seats?

Any input helps! TIA
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 12:11 AM   #2
dj_aivan
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320D

Not, your seats have no heating. There are two ways: To buy heating wires, open the seat, put them on and buy the modules and coding. The easiest option is to buy ready-made seats with heating and memory, inflatable, recaro. All you have to do is run a voltage installation from JBBL and coding.

I can assist and give you a PDF file for retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 01:49 AM   #3
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_aivan View Post
Not, your seats have no heating. There are two ways: To buy heating wires, open the seat, put them on and buy the modules and coding. The easiest option is to buy ready-made seats with heating and memory, inflatable, recaro. All you have to do is run a voltage installation from JBBL and coding.

I can assist and give you a PDF file for retrofit.
Hi DJ! Thank you for the reply. You confirmed what I was afraid of--I do not want to have to take the seats apart to install the heating elements.

My current Oyster color seats are heated, so I could take the modules from them, but I really don't want to deal with taking seats apart; at that point I'd rather dye mine Coral with Leatherique.

Buying heated Recaros would be great, but frankly that kinda money (about $6k+) I'd rather put into performance upgrades first
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 01:14 PM   #4
dj_aivan
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320D

That amazed me. $ 6000 +? My car was empty in the seats. I bought a whole salon from E90 heating, recaro, lumba support, memory, inflation on the side and on my back for 150 EU. The set also included the heating buttons.
I'm not talking about M3 seats. Look for 335D or 335i. You need some knowledge about wiring and I will help with info because I am from Bulgaria. Sorry for my bad english.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #5
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I'm confused about what you mean by 'recaro'. I thought you meant buying seats like these: https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...-cs-with-heat/

which don't come in the color I want so after paying $1.8k per seat and adding custom upholstery, the cost is significant. $6k figure was based on what a forum member in California paid for Recaro Sportster CS seats upholstered in Coral Red.
Appreciate 0