E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Just purchased a 2006 325i 6MT with 25,000 miles on it

09-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
joels325i
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, sedan, 6mt,

Just purchased a 2006 325i 6MT with 25,000 miles on it

I came across this car a few days ago, and it was a no brainer with such low miles. The car is in perfect condition in and out. But there are two problems that I have noticed thus far. 1) the windshield wiper fluid does not squirt when I pull the lever back, either do the wipers when the lever is pulled back. But the wipers do work in every other position. I tried listening to hear if the pump was trying to work but I could not hear anything from inside the car. And I did check the 3 different fuses, and they all checked out fine. 2) There wasnt an owners manual either. So I'm not sure as to when routine maintenance should be performed. I'm new to the BMW community and would appreciate any useful info anyone has to share... Thanks a bunch.

Joel.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Austin Yellow

I'm guessing the warranty may have expired (4 years)... no? Was the car a CPO?

If you don't have the warranty you may check http://getbmwparts.com and price out the washer assembly components and decide whether you might attempt to repair it yourself - provided you get the Bentley manual - or bring it in to the dealership for a little wallet meltdown.

A little know-how with these vehicles makes for some pride in ownership and a little savings in the back pocket. Nothing like fixing something yourself on a BMW - a little elbow grease can go a long way

Congrats on the purchase!
      09-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
dream123
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325i 2066

you might wanna check your dealer bud , they should help you out since you bought the car from them.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
Brian_TII
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 330i 6spd

You can get the owner's manual from the "Owners" section of bmwusa.com

Regarding the wipers... I'd do a "Control Check" or whatever to see if it's got any error messages (like it's out of wiper fluid). If that doesn't pop any errors I'd check with the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
Brian_TII
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh yeah, and these cars seem to be fairly mechanic friendly... they aren't nearly as scary as you'd think. I just got done pulling the exhaust, heat shields, driveshaft, etc... to get to the transmission output shaft seal that was leaking. Besides the deep well 36mm socket needed to remove the output shaft / yolk... it really wasn't all that horrible. Most bolts seem easy to get to compared to the Japanese stuff I'm used to.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
joels325i
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, sedan, 6mt,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_TII View Post
You can get the owner's manual from the "Owners" section of bmwusa.com

Regarding the wipers... I'd do a "Control Check" or whatever to see if it's got any error messages (like it's out of wiper fluid). If that doesn't pop any errors I'd check with the dealer.
I did a control check and everything came back o.k. There is also fluid in it as well, its actually filled to the top. I'm wondering if the switch is bad, or the relay, because the wipers work in every other position, but when I pull the wiper switch back, I don't get any spray, nor do the wipers turn on.... I think if it was just the pump, I would assume the wipers would still turn on.... Just a thought.

Thanks for all the input so far.

joel.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
Brian_TII
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I'd agree with your logic there, I'd expect the wipers to still wipe...
Appreciate 0