E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY Powered seat retrofit (WIP)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-19-2020, 06:32 AM   #397
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
550
Rep
1,565
Posts

Drives: 118i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mannheim Germany

iTrader: (1)

Retraced, everything wired to where it should be... nothing.. I give up.

Edit
Ok, tried one more thing,
Recoding iaw this thread.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1674110
I HAVE HEAT!
Woooooohoooooo!
__________________
2009 118i Monaco Blue "Maximillion"
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Forge diverter valves, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car

Last edited by david in germany; 01-19-2020 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 02:08 AM   #398
ptpending
Colonel
237
Rep
2,044
Posts

Drives: e91
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: vilnius

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Retraced, everything wired to where it should be... nothing.. I give up.

Edit
Ok, tried one more thing,
Recoding iaw this thread.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1674110
I HAVE HEAT!
Woooooohoooooo!
magic
__________________
E91 2006. Retrofits:High beam assistant, Individual Audio, Autodim mirrors, CIC, Combox(USB and Bluetooth), Electric Sport Seats, Light package, Front PDC, Heated Steering Wheel, Happy Robot, Climate Comfort Windscreen, Blackline rear lights.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 12:37 PM   #399
polo 1992
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: e90 n51
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

hi, first time posting, and am hoping I’m in in for an easy job. I have 2 2011 e90s, and am looking to swap some stuff before I sell one. One has manual heated seats and the other has powered heated seats. I want the manual seats but just the seats to go in the powered seats place but remaining the power seat function in that car and vice versa, if that makes sense. Am I going to be able to swap the seats and plug?

Last edited by polo 1992; 02-03-2020 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #400
b1aze
Just one more taste...
b1aze's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
1,602
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Uxbridge MA

iTrader: (17)

Hi all! Thank you EVERYONE for all the contributions thus far.

I have a slightly different situation and hoping someone can clarify for me.

Iíve currently got MANUAL, HEATED and BOLSTER sport seats in my 2013 E82.

I picked up a set of ELECTRIC/MEMORY HEATED LUMBAR BOLSTER seats/interior.

I am going to swap the full seat backs and seat cushions from the ELECTRIC base onto the MANUAL bases. I have no problem with the mechanical specifics of the swap.

My question is:
Is there a good way to allow for the LUMBAR adjustments after itís been swapped onto the MANUAL frame? I read that BOLSTER and LUMBAR run off the same air pump but I would need to fit the switch unit to the MANUAL frame. What sort of wiring would I need to do to make this happen? Would wire taps off of the stop valve wiring be sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

Pic for attention
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 03:06 AM   #401
donchev
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Hello All,

Thank you very much for the great thread.

I have an issue that is quite complicated and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an E93 2007 which originally comes from the UK.
The car is fully converted from RHD to LHD with completely replaced wiring harness.
Seats are powered and heated from the RHD with control modules from LHD car.
Both seats have the black control modules and K-Can communication.


All was working fine before I have messed something with the coding.
I would like to ask for some help with the following issues :
1. Seat control forward, backward is reversed.
2. Easy entry buttons are no longer operational
3. In reverse gear the left mirror tilts down (instead of the right)
4. When the Backrest is unlocked - it displays on the Idrive Passenger for the left seat and Driver for the right seat (it should be the other way arround)

I am sorry if my description is not detailed enough, but I will try to add all necessary.

Many thanks in advance for all advices.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 12:22 AM   #402
ptpending
Colonel
237
Rep
2,044
Posts

Drives: e91
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: vilnius

iTrader: (1)

the VO/FA list used in coding contain RHD/LHD attribute
the seat wiring harness also code which seat is driver and which one is passenger
__________________
E91 2006. Retrofits:High beam assistant, Individual Audio, Autodim mirrors, CIC, Combox(USB and Bluetooth), Electric Sport Seats, Light package, Front PDC, Heated Steering Wheel, Happy Robot, Climate Comfort Windscreen, Blackline rear lights.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #403
donchev
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
the VO/FA list used in coding contain RHD/LHD attribute
the seat wiring harness also code which seat is driver and which one is passenger
Hello,

Thank you so much for the feedback!

I have changed the VO/FA to LHD and coded both seats modules to factory settings, unfortunately without any improvement.

Would you please let me know what should i change in the wiring harness of the seats ?

Many thanks in advance!
Best regards from Bulgaria!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 07:40 PM   #404
kenji25
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: poland

iTrader: (0)

Hi, I have one question. I got M3 swapped seats and I am not sure if they are heated. Number of seat module is 61359264974. My question is, if they are heated?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 02:55 AM   #405
donchev
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donchev View Post
Hello All,

Thank you very much for the great thread.

I have an issue that is quite complicated and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an E93 2007 which originally comes from the UK.
The car is fully converted from RHD to LHD with completely replaced wiring harness.
Seats are powered and heated from the RHD with control modules from LHD car.
Both seats have the black control modules and K-Can communication.


All was working fine before I have messed something with the coding.
I would like to ask for some help with the following issues :
1. Seat control forward, backward is reversed.
2. Easy entry buttons are no longer operational
3. In reverse gear the left mirror tilts down (instead of the right)
4. When the Backrest is unlocked - it displays on the Idrive Passenger for the left seat and Driver for the right seat (it should be the other way arround)

I am sorry if my description is not detailed enough, but I will try to add all necessary.

Many thanks in advance for all advices.

Just to shortly update that it turned out that both seats have different wiring harness. Once you switch them - all works fine.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST