E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Mhd reset adaptations

05-24-2018, 02:42 PM   #1
Herakles
Captain
Rep
Drives: United States

Mhd reset adaptations

Hey guys
So I re flashed my s1 - took only 4 minutes, and removed the crappy linear throttle- I swear it made my car feel like mush-

The change hasn’t really make it feel like it did stock- and I want to reset adaptistions- I don’t know why adaptation would still apply after flashing without the linear throttle option selected.

Do I just plug in tablet again and go to reset adaptations ?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Toome
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
Hey guys
So I re flashed my s1 - took only 4 minutes, and removed the crappy linear throttle- I swear it made my car feel like mush-

The change hasn’t really make it feel like it did stock- and I want to reset adaptistions- I don’t know why adaptation would still apply after flashing without the linear throttle option selected.

You can reset the throttle adaptation or just keep driving the car and let it adapt.
      05-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Hey guys

You can let it adapt on its own, or if you want to clear the entire history of the adaptations, you can reset it. For the throttle reset, plug in MHD with the ignition turned on, reset the throttle adaptation, then follow the instructions in the app about turning off/on ignition and waiting. If you reset the throttle adaptation and neglect to follow the instructions then you will get a CEL and a throttle related code. This happened to me when I reset it and let the car sit for an hour without restarting it.

After the adaptation reset, the car may run a bit odd and the idle may not be smooth, but give it time and the car will learn.
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 06:34 PM   #4
Herakles
Captain
Rep
Drives: United States

Thanks for that advice !
There should be a sticky warning for the s1 flashers to read up on linear throttle - I kid you not my car became so shitty to drive- it wouldn’t downshift as sharply , feel like starting in wrong gear-
Evet since i reflashed yesturday it’s improved some but I can tell it’s still not back-

On your point on following protocol exaclty with the reset I’ll leave it alone I don’t want to risk headaches-

I’m enjoying the tune more today after the reflash and removing the linear throttle
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 11:15 PM   #5
Toome
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for that advice !
There should be a sticky warning for the s1 flashers to read up on linear throttle - I kid you not my car became so shitty to drive- it wouldn't downshift as sharply , feel like starting in wrong gear-
Evet since i reflashed yesturday it's improved some but I can tell it's still not back-

On your point on following protocol exaclty with the reset I'll leave it alone I don't want to risk headaches-

I'm enjoying the tune more today after the reflash and removing the linear throttle
It should return to normal in a few days. I didn't like linear throttle at first either.
      06-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #6
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Might as well clear the adaptations and let the car re-adapt again.
      04-23-2024, 12:33 PM   #7
kennys.335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335xi 6mt

Garage List
2008 bmw 335xi  [0.00]
Hey guys, so idk what causes this but i can’t reset any of my adaptations through mhd, this randomly started a few weeks ago, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0