E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Coding help in the Indianapolis area

08-05-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
supercal29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xiT

Coding help in the Indianapolis area

My FRM went out and even though it has been replaced and coded I do not have the satellite selection any longer. I have been told that it needs to be coded back. Looking for some local help getting this done.

Thanks, Steve
2010 328ix Sport Wagon
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercal29 View Post
My FRM went out and even though it has been replaced and coded I do not have the satellite selection any longer. I have been told that it needs to be coded back. Looking for some local help getting this done.

Thanks, Steve
2010 328ix Sport Wagon
Steve, were you able to get this taken care of? Not sure what you're referring to with Satellite, as FRM does not handle SAT radio.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #3
supercal29
Private
Rep

No I have not gotten it resolved. I am unsure what the connection is or isn’t. All I know is that before the module failed, there was an icon for the satellite when I was selecting the mode on my E91. Now only the tuner, CD and Aux are present. Thanks for asking. Steve
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
No I have not gotten it resolved. I am unsure what the connection is or isn’t. All I know is that before the module failed, there was an icon for the satellite when I was selecting the mode on my E91. Now only the tuner, CD and Aux are present. Thanks for asking. Steve
Who replaced/coded the FRM? Also, was the satellite radio a retro that was done outside of a BMW shop?

There's a chance whoever replaced your FRM updated the modules that had an updated available, which your CIC may had one available. If that was the case, then the coding that was done to activate your SAT could have been reversed. Especially if your VO wasn't updated to reflect you SAT radio.

There are several variables that could cause your issue. Many of which can be corrected through coding.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #5
supercal29
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
Who replaced/coded the FRM? Also, was the satellite radio a retro that was done outside of a BMW shop?

There's a chance whoever replaced your FRM updated the modules that had an updated available, which your CIC may had one available. If that was the case, then the coding that was done to activate your SAT could have been reversed. Especially if your VO wasn't updated to reflect you SAT radio.

There are several variables that could cause your issue. Many of which can be corrected through coding.
Good information. I actually replaced the module and then my local independent BMW shop did the coding. The car came SAT ready and it was part of the original delivery package - S655A*SATELLITENTUNER.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Good information. I actually replaced the module and then my local independent BMW shop did the coding. The car came SAT ready and it was part of the original delivery package - S655A*SATELLITENTUNER.

Thanks!
That's odd it quit working if it was part of the original VO. But, we can remote in and take a look for you to make sure all of the coding correct.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 06:32 PM   #7
supercal29
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
That's odd it quit working if it was part of the original VO. But, we can remote in and take a look for you to make sure all of the coding correct.
Very cool - what type of interface do I need to get in order to allow you to remote into my car?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #8
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Very cool - what type of interface do I need to get in order to allow you to remote into my car?
You would need a KDCAN cable and Windows OS. We use Team Viewer to remote into your laptop.
Appreciate 0