E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > bmw 325d swirl flaps



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #1
ryanwarriors9
Lieutenant
82
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: F30 335D
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wakefield

iTrader: (0)

bmw 325d swirl flaps

I have bmw 325d e92 2007 does my model have swirl flaps? I was told it did so ordered the blanking plates and when the inlet was taken off there is no swirl flaps to have to blank

Thanks
Ryan
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #2
old grey steve
Colonel
old grey steve's Avatar
United Kingdom
255
Rep
2,798
Posts

Drives: Facelift MK5 Golf GT TDI
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK in Hertfordshire

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwarriors9 View Post
I have bmw 325d e92 2007 does my model have swirl flaps? I was told it did so ordered the blanking plates and when the inlet was taken off there is no swirl flaps to have to blank

Thanks
Ryan
I suspect you'll have them
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
ryanwarriors9
Lieutenant
82
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: F30 335D
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wakefield

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
I suspect you'll have them
looks like I haven't mate I thought my model did but when they took the inlet off there is no swirl flaps there
strange one
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
old grey steve's Avatar
United Kingdom
255
Rep
2,798
Posts

Drives: Facelift MK5 Golf GT TDI
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK in Hertfordshire

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwarriors9 View Post
looks like I haven't mate I thought my model did but when they took the inlet off there is no swirl flaps there
strange one
Its actually not, some actually do not come with them fitted depends on when the car was built we've seen a few without them (which is a godsend) last 7 of the chassis will confirm all
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 12:13 PM   #5
ryanwarriors9
Lieutenant
82
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: F30 335D
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wakefield

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Its actually not, some actually do not come with them fitted depends on when the car was built we've seen a few without them (which is a godsend) last 7 of the chassis will confirm all
sweet saves me some pennies I can send the blanks back now. I was getting glow plugs and module replaced so whilst the inlet was off I ordered them to be changed at same time

where can I check with my chassis numbers?
Thanks
Ryan
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 10:52 AM   #6
BIFCAIDS
Bird Flu and Cat Aids combined
BIFCAIDS's Avatar
United Kingdom
132
Rep
754
Posts

Drives: F30 340i M-Sport+ MPPSK E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Warrington UK

iTrader: (0)

Would be handy to know as my 2008 325d apparently doesn't have them but Im none the wiser.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
ryanwarriors9
Lieutenant
82
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: F30 335D
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wakefield

iTrader: (0)

Mine defiantly doesn't have them picked the car up this morning after having the glow plugs and module fit
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 12:58 PM   #8
Jonnybgood
New Member
Jonnybgood's Avatar
0
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: E92 325d
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Midlands, England

iTrader: (0)

Mines a 2010 325d and I'm getting swirl flap faults so I must have them
Should I get them removed ? Any garage recommendations around derby area?

Cheers
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #9
ryanwarriors9
Lieutenant
82
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: F30 335D
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wakefield

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnybgood View Post
Mines a 2010 325d and I'm getting swirl flap faults so I must have them
Should I get them removed ? Any garage recommendations around derby area?

Cheers
yeh mate I would get them out

I don't understand why mine hasn't got them but im not complaining haha
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #10
sadsac
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 08 e91 330d m sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwarriors9 View Post
looks like I haven't mate I thought my model did but when they took the inlet off there is no swirl flaps there
strange one
Its actually not, some actually do not come with them fitted depends on when the car was built we've seen a few without them (which is a godsend) last 7 of the chassis will confirm all
please could you tell me how to check? I've got the full spec of the car using the end of the vin and the online site but didn't see anything about swirl flaps - 08 e91 330d pre LCI. TIA
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #11
Kenebell
New Member
2
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: Bmw 325d E91
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

I've got a 2008 E91 325d and mine doesn't have them, it was the first thing I checked when I bought it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 08:55 AM   #12
sadsac
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 08 e91 330d m sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenebell View Post
I've got a 2008 E91 325d and mine doesn't have them, it was the first thing I checked when I bought it.
Thanks - how did you check?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 09:27 AM   #13
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
121
Rep
2,394
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsac View Post
please could you tell me how to check? I've got the full spec of the car using the end of the vin and the online site but didn't see anything about swirl flaps - 08 e91 330d pre LCI. TIA
you will most likely have them. i think maybe it was 325d engine that some had and some didnt?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #14
Kenebell
New Member
2
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: Bmw 325d E91
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

I had a look on realoem and also asked my mechanic to double check when he changed both the thermostats. The only thing I really monitor closely is the dpf but mine regenerates fine and shows very healthy pressure readings. I have one glow plug out and this doesn't affects the passive or requested regens. The m57 engine is a peach if well serviced
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2015, 04:08 PM   #15
mrbubba
Private First Class
19
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: E90 325 M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Can't work out where on realoem to look? I put my vin in and it gives the details of my car
It's a 2008 325D M Sport

I know I need new thermostats as the temp is only getting up to 78 and I'm getting 39.2mpg with regular driving! From the little I know about these cars, that will cause dpf issues
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #16
Kenebell
New Member
2
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: Bmw 325d E91
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

It's under the engine drop down and it should say intake manifold without flap control. I'd be interested to see if you get the same

We get 44mpg from our manual but it's all mainly motorway miles
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #17
sadsac
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 08 e91 330d m sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

realoem says my intake manifold has vacuum control but no mention of flaps. apparently the issue mainly affected 2001-2005 and not so much e9x vehicles anyway
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #18
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
121
Rep
2,394
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsac View Post
realoem says my intake manifold has vacuum control but no mention of flaps. apparently the issue mainly affected 2001-2005 and not so much e9x vehicles anyway
my 57 had flaps
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #19
old grey steve
Colonel
old grey steve's Avatar
United Kingdom
255
Rep
2,798
Posts

Drives: Facelift MK5 Golf GT TDI
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK in Hertfordshire

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwarriors9 View Post
sweet saves me some pennies I can send the blanks back now. I was getting glow plugs and module replaced so whilst the inlet was off I ordered them to be changed at same time

where can I check with my chassis numbers?
Thanks
Ryan
Quickest place to find the chassis number is base of the front screen near side the full chassis will be visible last 7 numbers is what's needed. Then check to see if you have with/without flap control, its all very confusing but never assume hence the need to check. Remember its when the car was produced NOT registerd that counts
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #20
old grey steve
Colonel
old grey steve's Avatar
United Kingdom
255
Rep
2,798
Posts

Drives: Facelift MK5 Golf GT TDI
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK in Hertfordshire

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsac View Post
realoem says my intake manifold has vacuum control but no mention of flaps. apparently the issue mainly affected 2001-2005 and not so much e9x vehicles anyway
That sadly doesn't seem to be correct in practice its damn confusing some have some haven't most come back as not having them, when you look say at real OEM BMWFans M57N's for the 325d when checked seem to largly say without flap control but as has been said above some have discoverd otherwise.
__________________

Last edited by old grey steve; 03-25-2015 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #21
ryanwarriors9
Lieutenant
82
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: F30 335D
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wakefield

iTrader: (0)

How do you know what engine you've got ? Mines 325d 2007 it's the 197bhp model and has no swirl flaps
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 08:03 PM   #22
mrbubba
Private First Class
19
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: E90 325 M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenebell View Post
It's under the engine drop down and it should say intake manifold without flap control. I'd be interested to see if you get the same

We get 44mpg from our manual but it's all mainly motorway miles
Mine says intake manifold-without flap control
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST