E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > VRSF Charge Pipe Install for N55

06-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #23
alep85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 2023 M340i xDrive

Did this today.....wanted to report that if you can't find your O-ring and throttle body clip, you should make sure VRSF is shipping you one. My charge pipe did not include these parts, but I had the factory O-ring and clip so it was no issue. They did include the clamps + replacement screws and washers for the boost sensor, though.

Also, even after oiling the O-ring, it took all of my strength to get it onto the throttle body fully to install the clip. Really tight fit, but finally got it.

With the clamps on the silicone, have those lined up where you want them as you're slipping on each side to the connection points. Otherwise, you'll find yourself having to start over, as it's really impossible to slide them over the pipes after the fact.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 02:52 AM   #24
Beygan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sporter

Hey there,

Just installed my Evolution Racewerks CP; was gonna get the VSRF but things happened.

Thanks for this DIY! Helped me slide through to the end effortlessly! Kudos +1
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 10:17 PM   #25
joshl12
Registered
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW e92 335i xDrive

Excellent write up

Not mechanically inclined at all but was still able to do this with these instructions. Couple tips for beginners:
-the airbox being held in by the rubber grommets is taken out by pulling the box itself out, no need to play with the rubber pieces themselves.
-be patient when putting the boost sensor into the new cp, the screws go in at an awkward angle.
Appreciate 0