E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Oregon/pdx/ Gas Opinions

05-31-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
HeyTeeee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335I COUPE SPORT

Oregon/pdx/ Gas Opinions

Wanted to see if anyone has gas preferences? I switched from Costco to Shell after a suggestion from another member which cleaned up some timing corrections. That lasted for apparently one log haha I’m still troubleshooting the issue but I figured I’d ask for others opinions regarding Shell/Chevron/whatever else
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 07:02 PM   #2
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

All the gas (and diesel) in PDX comes down the pipeline from the Ferndale and Cherry Point. You might try BP/ARCO - it comes from a different refinery than Shell's. Also, Phillips/Conoco probably comes from their refinery.

Most of the oil is from AK, but some comes from other places. But, really, gas is gas; it's only the additive package that matters. Most of the stations (and the brands above) are Top Tier, so they're very similar.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 09:46 PM   #3
HeyTeeee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335I COUPE SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
All the gas (and diesel) in PDX comes down the pipeline from the Ferndale and Cherry Point. You might try BP/ARCO - it comes from a different refinery than Shell's. Also, Phillips/Conoco probably comes from their refinery.

Most of the oil is from AK, but some comes from other places. But, really, gas is gas; it's only the additive package that matters. Most of the stations (and the brands above) are Top Tier, so they're very similar.
Thank you for the response! “Gas is gas” seems to be the answer most of the time. Another motivator for the question is the 10% ethanol content that’s supposed to be required in Oregon and a handful + a finger or two states. I’m curious if this has an effect on the dme trying to maintain 14.7 afr. Gas seems to be an overall outlier to the cause of my corrections I’m waiting for my replacement MAP sensor to come in, I think (hope!) one is bad or dying otherwise I’ll be out of troubleshooting ideas
Appreciate 0