E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Rear Camber After-Market Bolts?

09-10-2019, 05:26 AM   #1
orange_328
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

Rear Camber After-Market Bolts?

I had an alignment done recently on my 2008 328xi. The shop explained that the rear camber can't be adjusted any further and it is out of spec with the manufacturer recommendations. They told me there are after-market rear camber adjustment bolts available that can be installed to allow for more adjustment. Does anyone have part recommendations or experience with this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

I'm aware that isn't the answer you came on here for, but: go to another shop. Two reasons for factory eccentric bolt not being able to adjust camber within factory specifications: #1 damaged parts #2 tech incompetence.
Appreciate 2
      09-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #3
orange_328
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

No, that's helpful. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #4
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

+1 for find a new shop.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 01:19 AM   #5
The Maxican
Hola
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Datsun 280Z

There are arms to get more camber in the rear, haven't heard of just a bolt, but unless you're looking to go full stancey boy, they aren't really needed. Like others said, find another shop.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 07:02 PM   #6
PS2N54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

recently i was told very similar by a tire shop, and even that 1 bolt is seized. i took car to BMW, and they were able to allign the car to spec on all tires without any issue and no need to replace any bolts or anything seized. IMO shops charging flat rate for allignment just want to do a quick toe allignment so steering wheel is straight and they dont care about the rest even though it effects tire wear and overall performance.

The original BMW rear suspension already has essentric washer and essentric bolts to allow a good range of adjustment unless you have some serious subframe or control arm damage.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 11:02 AM   #7
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzero View Post
recently i was told very similar by a tire shop, and even that 1 bolt is seized. i took car to BMW, and they were able to allign the car to spec on all tires without any issue and no need to replace any bolts or anything seized. IMO shops charging flat rate for allignment just want to do a quick toe allignment so steering wheel is straight and they dont care about the rest even though it effects tire wear and overall performance.

The original BMW rear suspension already has essentric washer and essentric bolts to allow a good range of adjustment unless you have some serious subframe or control arm damage.
Yes...you are 100% exactly correct.

The more people actually understand what actually happens during an alignment, cause/effect of each adjustment, and the actual parts involved, the quicker these types of issues can be resolved without having to go to 8 different independent shops + the dealership just to end up with half decent toe settings at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0