E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Cobb Catted Downpipe Feedback?

05-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #23
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
Mike, please bear in mind that this is the N55 forum. Many here are either still under warranty, or CPO. While taking out a JB4 and a charge pipe may not take all that much time, a downpipe may seem quite daunting, and is indicative of having done other things. Maybe the guy just wants something with a bit more power, and wants to put it in and leave it, uh hum, yanking it out for inspection be darned.
I never said that catted DP do not offer more power than the stock one, please read carefully all my replies.
Catted DO offer more power than stock, that being said Catless will offer noticeable power over catted.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #24
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i PS2 turbo FBO JB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Q View Post
This

The only thing I'd debate is that it that the install wasn't that simple. It took me 5 hrs the first time. If I had to do it again maybe I could manage it in 4. Just the thought of having to do it within a week or two of having just done it to install the stock cat for emissions testing is enough to depress me. It was not very fun work.
Holy hell 5hrs?! do you have an XI? when i installed mine it was my first time and it took me a little less than 2hrs and i was taking my time to make sure everything was perfect. i am pretty sure i could do it in less than an hour now. This was on ramps also, if i had a lift this would be a breeze.
Appreciate 0