E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Getting a system... [Advice]

09-25-2010, 03:43 AM   #1
m1tal1k
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi black sedan 07

Getting a system... [Advice]

Bad thing is my LES just updated to my new rank and I'll be able to get around 3200-4000 loan on my audio system. I am not a basser watch my trunk explode guy so I don't want a box. I am going to EAS for a custom job, but I haven't really decided what'd I'd like to do exactly. Do I want them to make me new door panels? Drop smaller speakers that fit to the original....what to do...
Definitely getting a Audison Bit One...omg. Anyways, just thought I'd see what custom jobs you guys got.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tal1k View Post
Bad thing is my LES just updated to my new rank and I'll be able to get around 3200-4000 loan on my audio system. I am not a basser watch my trunk explode guy so I don't want a box. I am going to EAS for a custom job, but I haven't really decided what'd I'd like to do exactly. Do I want them to make me new door panels? Drop smaller speakers that fit to the original....what to do...
Definitely getting a Audison Bit One...omg. Anyways, just thought I'd see what custom jobs you guys got.
Please do yourself a favor and reconsider taking out a loan for an audio system.

If you had to wait for your promotion to qualify for a $4000 loan then your finances are stretched very thin in any case. Do you have enough savings to pay 3 months worth of bills?

Damn, I feel old . This brings me back to when I was doing financial education for soldiers and airmen for military banking and Boston U in the 80's and 90's.

You'd be surprised at how many of those guys were amazed that they were overdrawn since they still had blank checks left.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Depending on the system you have in your car, you can probably get away with $1 - 2k and be very happy with it. The bitOne is a great unit, but you REALLY have to know what you are doing to make it sound good. Have you considered the MS-8 instead?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
m1tal1k
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi black sedan 07

cb1111, its a loan to push my credit past 790. I have no loans as of yet, and 6 years left in.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Your 2007 328xi has the same HiFi system as my 2007 328xi touring. It's described here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407085

I would be really, really clear on why you want a BitOne. If you already have Bluetooth and iPod, and aren't using the BitOne for that, then it has to be tuned by one of maybe 100 people in the country or it's a waste of money.

I take issue with your characterization of sub boxes - you don't want one, cool, but that's not what our systems use them for.

The main reason to make door panels is to get more midbass out from under the seat and into the door. Is yours a sedan or coupe? If you have a sedan, I'd go with a good 4" for mids whether you go with panels or not. If you have a coupe and don't want a box, consider Jehnert door panels.

If you're talking about going to EAS for audio (I was not aware Tom was doing audio and last time I talked to him he indicated it wasn't on his radar), I'd throw my hat in as well. I wouldn't attempt to do many of the things EAS does, but in all frankness, we are the premier BMW audio upgrade experts on the West Coast.

If you like, send me a budget range to hit and I will happily send you some different approaches that have strengths and weaknesses highlighted within that range.
Appreciate 0