Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Brake dust help

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe 6mt

Brake dust help

I recently got my 335i a few months back, this brake dust is a killer I have to wipe my wheels at least once a week or they look terrible. Any options to keep the dust from sticking to the wheels? The brake pads are rather new so I'm not looking for replacement options as of now ( I know there are better pads than factory that provide less dust)

My question is, is there any way to stop the brake dust from sticking to my wheels so well? Would waxing help, or is there any other product that may help?

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
ckanderson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Coating your wheels will help. Less brake dust will stick to them, and the stuff that does is easier to wash off.

There are quite a few brands but I'd Recommend Gloss-Coat. It's made for you car paint but also works on wheels. I've used it on 4 different cars with great results.

About 60 bucks or so, and lasts at least two years.

If your going to do it though, do it right, take off the wheels and clean them before coating.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
320IN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i, 2021 BMW M2C

Coat your wheels and once your brake pads are done switch to some akebono ceramic pads. I got them and never have a problem with brake dust since then.
Appreciate 0