E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Warm Start Stutter

05-28-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
starbuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Msport

Warm Start Stutter

Car: 2011 E92 335 Xdrive (AT)

Relevant Mods:
- ER CP
- VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC
- VRSF DP
- Secondary Cat Delete (Replaced with Vibrant Resonators)
- AFE Intake (Sealed)
- Pure Stage 1 Turbo
- Pure Inlet
- Turbosmart Dualport BOV
- Custom Dyno Tune (Eurocharged) -- 19psi
- Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit
- Plugs changed last year to NGK (1 step colder) gapped to 0.25

I recently had the Pure turbo, Secondary Cat Delete, Dyno Tune and Meth Kit install on my car. Upon getting my car back, I notice now that my car stutters (RPM drop) for about 1-2 seconds on warm start. After that, no issues with driving or idle. Its happened a few times now when I drive for a while getting to operating temp, then turn off the car to go into some store, and then come back and start shortly after.

This does not happen when starting the car cold ie. in the mornings.

A few things I thought could be causing it:

- Remaining meth in the line is getting sucked into the CP, but I would imagine this should happen on the cold start as well.

- HPFP, but I don't have long starts and my rail pressure seems normal in logs. Also this just started happening post PS1, Exhaust and Meth Kit work.

- Something to do with my o2 sensors after deleting the secondary cats

- Something to do with my plugs, perhaps need to be gapped differently based on the new tune, but then wouldn't that affect overall operation and any type of start

I have only one code stored--> 2C90 (DV related), but this is a tuner code and something I expected related to the turbosmart bov.

I plan on turning off my Meth kit for the next day and trying the same sequence to see if it still happens. Any other thoughts on what it could be?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 02:50 AM   #2
Hxngs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Could be a boost leak. I had this happen to me when I installed the chargepipe. The screw where the meth lines go had fallen out.
Appreciate 0