E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > BPC Tune Q&A

04-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #155
KNanthrup
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Is there an EGR or emissions system delete only option? If so, what is the price, can you please contact me?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #156
PhotoGuy87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 11 M-Sport 335d, 11 E91 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNanthrup View Post
Is there an EGR or emissions system delete only option? If so, what is the price, can you please contact me?
I just spoke to the guys at BPC so I can answer this one, no there isn't. If you want deletes then you have to go with stage 2.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 07:05 AM   #157
ColonelSanders
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Just want to put out a huge +1 to BPC. After an SCR failure, I went with a stage II tune and Iaknown's downpipe and exhaust. Feels like a whole new car, and great guys to work with over the phone.
Bob@BPC863.50
      04-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #158
335dsl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d jbd

I'm thinking of going stage 2+. With the removal of downpipe and egr, can I keep the SCR and have it tuned out? From my understanding, it will fill up with soot. If I gut the SCR, will the car run with the CEL once everything is removed?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 09:47 AM   #159
Owen81
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d, 17/22 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dsl View Post
I'm thinking of going stage 2+. With the removal of downpipe and egr, can I keep the SCR and have it tuned out? From my understanding, it will fill up with soot. If I gut the SCR, will the car run with the CEL once everything is removed?
No CELs, the SCR and its checks will be tuned out with the Stage 2+ but it does need to be gutted/removed.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 07:30 PM   #160
335dsl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d jbd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen81 View Post
No CELs, the SCR and its checks will be tuned out with the Stage 2+ but it does need to be gutted/removed.
Thank you sir!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #161
John@BPC
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, M4, M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dsl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen81 View Post
Thanks for answering this one! This is exactly right. Due to the increased fueling, the SCR would be a huge restriction and clog itself eventually.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 05:51 AM   #162
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Been inactive for a while but just dropped off the d at BPC for some much-needed TLC. We shall see what the week brings!

For those with experience, what sort of expectation should one have in regards to sound and scent, especially inside the cabin, with the stage 2+ Tune? Based on this being a vehicle often used to drive clients and my lovely better half, I am starting to lean toward stage one plus blocking off the EGR. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by FormerRotor; 05-06-2017 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 12:50 PM   #163
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Been inactive for a while but just dropped off the d at BPC for some much-needed TLC. We shall see what the week brings!

For those with experience, what sort of expectation should one have in regards to sound and scent, especially inside the cabin, with the stage 2+ Tune? Based on this being a vehicle often used to drive clients and my lovely better half, I am starting to lean toward stage one plus blocking off the EGR. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
I'll start out saying that deletes and a tune are the only way to keep this car reliable long term.
However there is no mistaking it's a diesel now. There is elevated noise and occasional odor after pulling in the garage or a parking garage or at a light with window cracked.

If your going to tune it, skip stage 1. But if there is nothing abc wrong with your car now as is, maybe wait till there is and then go full delete.

Of note, I'm not sure if anyone had a tried and true tune that deletes egr and maintains the other abc's. Meaning lots of proven miles. Although I could be wrong
      05-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #164
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
I'll start out saying that deletes and a tune are the only way to keep this car reliable long term.
Of note, I'm not sure if anyone had a tried and true tune that deletes egr and maintains the other abc's. Meaning lots of proven miles. Although I could be wrong
Thanks for the response, Mark! The EGR is a given in my mind as BPC will be doing the CBU cleanup pretune. The long-term reliability of the other components gets a bit more nebulous as I've not had any issues (yet) but would be my primary reason for going Stage II+.

I've always liked the fact that the car has such drama-free acceleration/power and keeps people guessing on diesel status. Its also one of the few I've had which my wife has enjoyed post-"tuning" (the goal with anything that has been done was to improve reliability and maintain the luxury-sport-efficiency ratio of the car without letting it get out of balance in any given direction--and defaulting to stock for anything questionable). Personally, I'd rather have a semi-sleeper that catches people off guard than a screamer that is just a bit faster.

Your comments put my mind at ease to some extent. I don't mind if the car is noticeably a diesel, but--being in the Sustainability industry--the more Greenie clients may (will) frown upon any blatantly excessive poluting (also the wife is pretty sensitive to smells and has been known to get headaches in my previous straight-piped vehicles). The turbos in any videos I've seen are quite audible (appealing except for the whole client thing) but it may just be the audio/recording quality. Is it significantly louder from within the cabin?

Stage II+ is so appealing as a it really appears that BPC has provided us domestically with a very solid option for all of our wish list alphabet soup eliminations (with stellar service to boot).

BPC crew, do you have a recommendation for an in-downpipe High flow diesel Cat? Is this recommended for those concerned with smell? Thanks, as always!

Last edited by FormerRotor; 05-08-2017 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 05:40 PM   #165
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
FYI to all, BPC replied to the cat question with the general statement that it does not seem to aid significantly with smell or sound, the alternative being to leave in place the SCR and replace when clogged.

BPC, please make sure I didn't misquote this (I can edit, just didn't want the question to appear unanswered given how rapid the response has been to date).
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #166
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Not sure if very related but a factory DOC helps with the smell very well. I know it's not an option for the people with downpipes but I wonder if something similar could be found.
Appreciate 0