E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > surges @ low rpm 320i 2006, 2.0, Automatic

04-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
1mikel1
Rep
Drives: 2006 320i 2.0 liter automatic

surges @ low rpm 320i 2006, 2.0, Automatic

Hello all, I recently purchased a 2006, 320i, 2.0 liter, automatic with 80,000 km here in Singapore (and subsequently joined this website). The car is in excellent condition (now that I fixed the oil leaks).

It however surges at low rpms when driving in the comfort mode (more so when the car is cold). This mostly disappears when the car is at operating temps (after about 10 minutes driving). When I switch to sport mode the surging is quite less (higher rpms before shifting).

I took it to a BMW dealer and they say that the trans fluid is not correct, but I should leave it as the trans may develop problems if I change the fluid back to the correct fluid.

The dealer also said that the A,B,C, and D clutch pressure are too high and that the E clutch pressure was too low. They want me to purchase a new transmission (selling a transmission is apparently their motivation to fix the issue (15,000 $SGD)

The engine seems to run smoothly, I am inclined to think it may be in the transmission.

I purchased Autoenginuity software to diagnose the problem, it will connect but gives me erroneous sensor readings (I am working with their tech support now to solve this issue).

1. Does anyone have any advice concerning the surging issue?
2. What does the BMW community think about the transmission fluid advice from the dealer?
3. Can anyone advise on software (I want to record data and review it later) to read sensors and codes for my car (especially trans information)?
4. Any comments on the clutch pressures?
5. Anyone have the service manual for this car available for download?
6. Any comments with Autoenguity software they would like to share?
7. Where can I get a comprehensive Service Manual for my car?

I appreciate any and all help!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Put it in DS mode and see which gear has an issue.

Clean your icv and maf to eliminate those as suspects.
Appreciate 0