E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM3 Can't Change VIN

04-12-2021, 10:04 PM   #1
cawwt
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

FRM3 Can't Change VIN

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all the good info on this forum. I was able to get my E70 back to life after flashing the FRM3 with a downloaded EEE + NCS coding.

Strangely there was no "Enter VIN" button in WinKFP so my FRM3 module still has a different VIN number now. All the functions are working correctly.

So question: Is it okay to drive the car with the wrong VIN in the FRM3 module? Would this fail smog test? Is this legal?

Thanks a lot in advance.

WT
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 04:41 PM   #2
cawwt
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawwt View Post
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all the good info on this forum. I was able to get my E70 back to life after flashing the FRM3 with a downloaded EEE + NCS coding.

Strangely there was no "Enter VIN" button in WinKFP so my FRM3 module still has a different VIN number now. All the functions are working correctly.

So question: Is it okay to drive the car with the wrong VIN in the FRM3 module? Would this fail smog test? Is this legal?

Thanks a lot in advance.

WT

Mr. sd********* showed me how to enable the "Enter VIN" button in WinKFP. I redo the whole process and everything is perfect now

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=401

In retrospect, the WinKFP flash took a few mins, and the system went offline. I was super worried that I had made things worse. Luckily everything was back to normal after WinKFP + NCS.
Appreciate 0