E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Hi everyone

02-19-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
tikka
Rep
Drives: na

Hi everyone

Hi guys,
Started reading this forum for the last month and 2 days ago picked up my E90 330I. Its a second hand car with just over 3000kms on the clock. A big saving over new one so I was happy.

I read that someone on this forum also moved from a E46 323CI to a E90 and was very pleased. Yep, i have the same feeling.

I do have a question hoping to get some advice. This 330I is a pre-sept release. Its got pro nav so MP3 doesnt work, also i'm having problem pairing my sony ericsson phone with bluetooth as well.

I have searched on this forum and it seems like upgrading to CIPS 20 and getting the MP3 option will fix everything. Do we get the same treatment here in Australia? As in will the dealers upgrade to CIP20 + add the MP3 function for free?

Just wondering if anyone was in the same situation and if you're in Sydney, which dealer did it for you?.

many thanks
pete
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2006, 03:06 AM   #2
MrIvory
Rep
Drives: 325 Black Sapphire 2005

Pete
I have a Sept 05 325 with ProNav. I have it booked in to upgrade to CIM20 tomorrow - I will post whether it plays mp3s.

I am not sure that the cim20 will fix your sony connection. I had the same problem with a k700i and couldnt get it working - connects, disconnects. I also tried a w800 and it did the same thing. I ended up acquiring a friends old siemens S65 and it works like a charm - just a year or so older.

Ivory
      02-19-2006, 03:18 AM   #3
tikka
Rep

yea.. thanks for the advice Ivory.. I might borrow some friends phone and see which one works ok.

quick question, there seems to be some issue with some of the US people getting the CIP20 update, where the dealer is asking them to pay for it. Did they give you any headaches?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2006, 01:43 AM   #4
MrIvory
Rep

Pete
My car is only 4-5 months old so the update is covered under warranty - So the CIM update is No Charge. I guess it should be no-charge for you too since your car would still be under manufacturer warranty. My understanding is that the dealer charges the charge back to BMW as it is warranty.

Not sure if this helps.

Ivory
      02-20-2006, 01:53 AM   #5
MrIvory
Rep

Sorry - forgot to say - I got the CIM update today!!!!

The MP3 works no probs in the dash CD and the dash DVD. It displays the names of the songs and even gives you more options to display the other details (from a check box). Once I tick this it shows me the name of the artist etc which was saved with the song - like for example "Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit". Some of the other options are Random All and Random Directory.

If yoiu read other forum threads, they give screen shots so this may help. on the down-side, other threads also advise that it is a Sept- onwards thing - but it is worth a try.

Good luck.
Ivory
      02-20-2006, 03:36 AM   #6
tikka
Rep

cool, thanks for the update Ivory!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2006, 11:08 PM   #7
coolpetcat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I Executive

which BMW you went to?? I tried Melb BMW, they say there will be a charge of $150 for the software update!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIvory
Sorry - forgot to say - I got the CIM update today!!!!

The MP3 works no probs in the dash CD and the dash DVD. It displays the names of the songs and even gives you more options to display the other details (from a check box). Once I tick this it shows me the name of the artist etc which was saved with the song - like for example "Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit". Some of the other options are Random All and Random Directory.

If yoiu read other forum threads, they give screen shots so this may help. on the down-side, other threads also advise that it is a Sept- onwards thing - but it is worth a try.

Good luck.
Ivory
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2006, 03:18 AM   #8
MrIvory
Rep

BMW Melbourne Southbank. Where I bought the car from.

Update - I was trying to get the radio station names on the screen - works on one key and not the other? But they told me I have to come back in March as there will be another update to the software.

I would have thought that upgrades to the software are normally fixing bugs, like windows service packs, so they should be free as part of your warranty.

Did you check with the place you bought it from?
Ivory
      02-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #9
coolpetcat
Private First Class
Rep

REALLY???? I bought from them as well!! they say there will be a charge of 150 for the upgrade!! what did you tell them about the update??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIvory
BMW Melbourne Southbank. Where I bought the car from.

Update - I was trying to get the radio station names on the screen - works on one key and not the other? But they told me I have to come back in March as there will be another update to the software.

I would have thought that upgrades to the software are normally fixing bugs, like windows service packs, so they should be free as part of your warranty.

Did you check with the place you bought it from?
Ivory
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2006, 04:58 AM   #10
MrIvory
Rep

I don't know what to tell you. I called and asked about the radio stations not appearing on one of the keys. As I was talking, I asked about the CIM upgrade - CIM20. The guy said they would need it all day. They took the car and even offered a loaner but I would have waited longer so I didnt take it. They did drive me to the office tho. It is great service there! I don't know why I would get it and you dont.

I have just looked at the service summary they gave me - it all says warranty. It doesnt specifically say they updated to CIM20 - it says programming /encoding control unit.

Stupid question - You did buy it new, from them? It is an e90 still under warranty?

A friend of mine bought a 2.5 year old 530 from BMW Melbourne Kings Way, and they said they would update the software before he took delivery - they didn't so he took it back and they did it for him - no charge. I think he has a 12 month used car warranty but not sure if he will get another update for nix.

Ask them if it is covered under warranty? Don't spoil it for me tho.

Not sure if this helps.
Ivory
      02-22-2006, 08:50 PM   #11
coolpetcat
Private First Class
Rep

Thx for ur reply, I really dont understand y they do this to me, I bought it brand new, took the car in December, all the reason they give me is they have to pay the engineers to do the work coz they charged on a hourly rate! anyway, I'm gonna talk to them...and I wont be soft to them anymore! Thanks again man!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2006, 06:23 AM   #12
MrIvory
Rep

Good luck. Let me know how you do.

Ivory
      12-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
TCoz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335