E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding out auto leveling of xenon

11-04-2016, 02:33 AM   #1
0okm
Germany
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Question Coding out auto leveling of xenon

Hi,

I have retrofitted new pair of Xenon headlights to my E90 preLCI with FRMII using guidelines from DYI section, added FA to have proper xenon code in FRM. Everything works perfectly untill i came across with an idea to replace lights switch (left side of steering wheel) from halogen with manual leveling to the one from xenon (without manual leveling). I don't have leveling sensors. So, unpluged old one pluged new one, and lights now are in lowest position. Anyone have an idea how to fix it? Do i have to programm it?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 03:59 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0okm
Hi,

I have retrofitted new pair of Xenon headlights to my E90 preLCI with FRMII using guidelines from DYI section, added FA to have proper xenon code in FRM. Everything works perfectly untill i came across with an idea to replace lights switch (left side of steering wheel) from halogen with manual leveling to the one from xenon (without manual leveling). I don't have leveling sensors. So, unpluged old one pluged new one, and lights now are in lowest position. Anyone have an idea how to fix it? Do i have to programm it?
Without auto levelling sensors fitted the lights will automatically drop to lowest angle to prevent blinding traffic. Install level sensors.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 04:25 AM   #3
0okm
Germany
Rep

But it was on proper level with previous switch with manual leveling (changing level was not working).
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
Levanime
BimECU
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
if i remember correctly 522 is for xenon and 524 is for adaptive, (or vice versa)
remove code for adaptive and it will not auto level

it should work if im not mistaken
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #5
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0okm
But it was on proper level with previous switch with manual leveling (changing level was not working).
It doesn't matter, they are different. You cannot manually adjust the headlight level. The car will look for the sensors. If you have coded the car with $522 then the FRM will expect levelling sensors. If they aren't there a fault code will be stored. You can code out the sensors in the NFRM changing AUTO_LWR_ENABLE to 'nicht_aktiv'. But always the headlights will drop to lowest position...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #6
0okm
Germany
Rep

I think you were right about this. Connected old one from halogens and it is "normal". So I decided to just remove leveling switch and replace cover from xenon module. Works perfectly and looks like oem.
Appreciate 0