Bimmerpost for Android has just been updated to version 4.3.55 with a host of bug fixes. Try it out!

  E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Pre-inspection requests?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
hoboken
Second Lieutenant
-46
Rep
285
Posts

Drives: E90 330xi
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

Pre-inspection requests?

I was interested in a 06 BMW 330xi at a dealer in NJ and asked if I could take the car for a pre-inspection. I was going to take it to Autocouture Motoring which is 10 minutes away from the dealership. Surprisingly, the salesman said the dealership would not allow that. Is this such an unusual request? I was a serious buyer too.

Is anyone selling their car in the tristate area?
-06 330xi
-manual
-sport package with 162 style wheels
-everything else is just icing on the cake

Last edited by hoboken; 10-28-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
e92stance
Banned
United_States
-221
Rep
965
Posts

Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

That is kind of odd that he would deny that.....definately shop elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
328i
Colonel
328i's Avatar
12
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: E46 ///M
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central NJ

iTrader: (14)

Tell them you will gladly take your business elsewhere then, no way would I even consider buying the car then.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
328i
Colonel
328i's Avatar
12
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: E46 ///M
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central NJ

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboken View Post
I was interested in a 06 BMW 330xi at a dealer in NJ and asked if I could take the car for a pre-inspection. I was going to take it to Autocouture Motoring which is 10 minutes away from the dealership. Surprisingly, the salesman said the dealership would not allow that. Is this such an unusual request? I was a serious buyer too.

Is anyone selling their car in the tristate area?
-06 330xi
-manual
-sport package with 162 style wheels
-everything else is just icing on the cake
It's usually rare to find an xi with 162 wheels, I believe they aren't normally included with the xi's, but sport package and manual are definitely must haves. I would also consider an i if I were you. We don't really get much snow here, and an i with winter tires is excellent in the snow compared to an xi with all seasons or summer tires. Remember, AWD get's you moving, but it doesn not help with braking, and it's just more weight. The xi suspension is also different as it sits a bit higher. Just something to consider, maybe it can broaden your search so it will be easier to find a car.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
hoboken
Second Lieutenant
-46
Rep
285
Posts

Drives: E90 330xi
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i View Post
It's usually rare to find an xi with 162 wheels, I believe they aren't normally included with the xi's, but sport package and manual are definitely must haves. I would also consider an i if I were you. We don't really get much snow here, and an i with winter tires is excellent in the snow compared to an xi with all seasons or summer tires. Remember, AWD get's you moving, but it doesn not help with braking, and it's just more weight. The xi suspension is also different as it sits a bit higher. Just something to consider, maybe it can broaden your search so it will be easier to find a car.
You are right - it is rare to find the 162 wheels on an xi and the car I was interested in had them. I would prefer an i, but I live in the mountainous area of Somerset County. If there's an inch of snow on the ground I'd be sliding down the mountain roads.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
328i
Colonel
328i's Avatar
12
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: E46 ///M
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central NJ

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboken View Post
You are right - it is rare to find the 162 wheels on an xi and the car I was interested in had them. I would prefer an i, but I live in the mountainous area of Somerset County. If there's an inch of snow on the ground I'd be sliding down the mountain roads.
Gotcha, in that case you definitely want to pick up a set of snow tires, even if you get an xi.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #7
itsbrokeagain
itsbrokeagain's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,734
Posts

Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Strong Island

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to itsbrokeagain
That's odd. I have people come here all the time with a car they want to have checked out, including a few dealer ones. I'd shop elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST