E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 Smells like gas when idling

03-31-2023, 04:20 AM   #1
ivanpopov
Rep
Drives: 2007 330xi 272hp

E92 Smells like gas when idling

Hey, i have this really strange issue where when the car idles it starts to smell like gas on the right side of the car. When all the windows are closed there is absolutely no smell. I've checked the fuel pump for any cracks in the plastic, etc, absolutely nothing, no smell from there even after i've taken the rear seats, isolation and so on off. On the left (driver's site) also absolutely no smell. Only on the passenger side, right around the door. I've checked the gas cap, no smell around there when it is closed. I left it overnight with cardboard under that area of the car, no stains/leaks of any kind. Has anyone dealt with something like that? The car is a 2007 330xi E92 LHD if that's of any importance
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 07:13 AM   #2
Suvorovo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Broken e90 330xi 6MT

Note to everyone: he has the N53 with different injectors and a HPFP system.

I wonder if it's due to a leaky/cracked injector. Can you check under the cover? I have a slight gas smell during start up that I suspect is due to a leaking injector when sitting overnight. Not exactly sure, car drives fine.
Appreciate 0