E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i Turbo upgrade done and in testing phases

Closed Thread

12-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #45
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
I believe those are the stock turbos with internal work done on the turbos
same thing as these
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #46
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbo335i View Post
What makes you say this? You have no evidence backing this at all. This motor could be good for 600-700 rwhp, we just don't know yet because nobody has pushed it yet. We will find out soon.
that would be great
hahahhahaa
you're talking about nearly 800bhp
and like 1,000,000 lbs ft of tq
I hope so
but we will soon learn like you said
I was talking about BIG turbos
that big
big as in what supra owners put into their cars without internal work
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #47
Dr_Dirt
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
Yeah Brian, what do you guys play to do about the fuel system "situation"? Im no expert but from what everyone has said if we want to go above i think 450hp we need to upgrade the fuel system.... but currently because its DPI there is nothing available??? thought, comments, anserws and maybe even pictures of new injectors and a better HPFP????

other then that glad to see we are going to have some options in picking a turbo upgrade next year
In another thread Denis from from GTPRO said they haven't maxed out the fuel system yet...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=46
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #48
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

sweeet
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #49
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
great stuff! im looking forward to seeing some numbers
      12-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #50
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugs View Post
Sounds Great! What type of Turbo are you using & is it Dual Ballbearing! It would be nice if it could work with the JB Tuners...

+100

ARS is working with shiv,
but there are just as many JB3 guys as proceede.
AT LEAST one of you guys need to work with JB3.

my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #51
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
+100

ARS is working with shiv,
but there are just as many JB3 guys as proceede.
AT LEAST one of you guys need to work with JB3.

my 2 cents
Even if everyone use JB3...it doesn't help if they don't think JB3's hardware has what it takes to control all the parameters
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #52
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugs View Post
Sounds Great! What type of Turbo are you using & is it Dual Ballbearing! It would be nice if it could work with the JB Tuners...

GT PRO's turbo kit info
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #53
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
Even if everyone use JB3...it doesn't help if they don't think JB3's hardware has what it takes to control all the parameters
i have no idea with the standard JB3 or even the standard proceede V3 can work well with a turbo upgrade.

but if terry and or shiv want in on this, i am pretty sure they will be able to make something work.

MAYBE without a flash, if a piggy is used, one can still get alot more added power with new turbos....
obviously, it will be less than the 100% power gain from a full on turbo upgrade kit -
but that is still alot better than what we have now - which are small stock turbos being pushed near their limit.

note also that ARS said their first turbo upgrade stage would be new turbos on stock boost....
so i am pretty sure you can throw a piggy back on top of that....we will see.

my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #54
Lane
Several N54 cars, V1,3, V2.0.2, and V3.1
Rep
Drives: N54s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
Technically JB3 would be ideal for this. As well as Procede V3. They both can control fuel pressure and all the necessary parameters.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #55
Brian GT PRO
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i E92

Hi guys, well to answer a few of your questions here we go:

Tuning, JB3, V3, Dinan etc.? I have been trying to get together with BMS Terry, but he is so busy with production, we are not that important. Next call will be to Shiv., however we ARE working currently on a flash (past 6 months) with a very reputable outfit called Powerchip from AU.

Turbos size. They are not even remotely close to a 16G, I WISH, there is only so much room in the stock housings to machine. What we have is closer to a GT22, which is a HUGE jump from the TD03 micro stock comp wheel. On the exhaust side, clipping and radius were our only options, as they only way to do something other than this was to cut the exhaust housings off, and we did NOT want to do that for obvious reasons (looky loos, prying eyes).

Fuel system and the HPFP, at this moment we're not looking to build cars to become stripped out drag cars, or competing with 1000+hp EVO's and Supras, our goal was to build a powerful bolt on solution for great reliable and fun street warriors. BMW's are not meant to be full on drag cars...It is my feeling that for our goals, the factory fuel system will suffice. We are NOT looking to be the first 1000HP 335i.

Turbos, yes they are stock OEM turbos, which we have cast our own compressor wheels for, machined the housings, installed all new internals, and will provide them on an exchange basis. No smoke no mirrors.

Steptronic cars? We're testing with a Steptronic car at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #56
JB335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [7.60]
Fucking awesome.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #57
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO View Post

Tuning, JB3, V3, Dinan etc.? I have been trying to get together with BMS Terry, but he is so busy with production, we are not that important. Next call will be to Shiv., however we ARE working currently on a flash (past 6 months) with a very reputable outfit called Powerchip from AU.

Turbos size. They are not even remotely close to a 16G, I WISH, there is only so much room in the stock housings to machine. What we have is closer to a GT22, which is a HUGE jump from the TD03 micro stock comp wheel. On the exhaust side, clipping and radius were our only options, as they only way to do something other than this was to cut the exhaust housings off, and we did NOT want to do that for obvious reasons (looky loos, prying eyes).

Fuel system and the HPFP, at this moment we're not looking to build cars to become stripped out drag cars, or competing with 1000+hp EVO's and Supras, our goal was to build a powerful bolt on solution for great reliable and fun street warriors. BMW's are not meant to be full on drag cars...It is my feeling that for our goals, the factory fuel system will suffice. We are NOT looking to be the first 1000HP 335i.

Turbos, yes they are stock OEM turbos, which we have cast our own compressor wheels for, machined the housings, installed all new internals, and will provide them on an exchange basis. No smoke no mirrors.

Outstanding!!
      12-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #58
The_AMG_Hunter
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
Quote:

are u going to offer an option to buy the upgrade without the exchange program to those of us who want to keep our stock snails for lease reasons?
      12-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #59
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:

Tuning, JB3, V3, Dinan etc.? I have been trying to get together with BMS Terry, but he is so busy with production, we are not that important. Next call will be to Shiv., however we ARE working currently on a flash (past 6 months) with a very reputable outfit called Powerchip from AU.....
terry literally is in final days of JB3 1.2 beta testing and as you know is starting production: official release for JB3 1.2 is in a few days (dec 15).

with x mas right around the corner, no harm in trying to get him say right after the new year.

in any case, it will make your sales job alot easier and $$$ if you can get both shiv and terry to modify their piggy maps slightly for your turbo upgrade. it could be a win win situation for all concerned.

shiv can probably modify his proceede map via the internet, and terry probably just has to mail out a new chip,

my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #60
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
shiv can probably modify his proceede map via the internet, and terry probably just has to mail out a new chip,
I'm pretty sure actual in-car tuning may need to be involved as well.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #61
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post

Shiv
probably a good idea
      12-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #62
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Maybe actual ignition timing control as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #63
GreenBeret
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post

Shiv
+1, road tunning will be needed
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #64
Brian GT PRO
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i E92

Yes, I completely agree. Shiv, just PM'd you.

Outright to keep your turbos? Yes, we will have a program, we need to get that worked out, but to answer, yes we will make adjustments.

I do want to get the support of all tuning solutions for sure, this would be win-win for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #65
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:

that's exactly what I'm looking for
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #66
GeorgeSmooth
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i AT

What about us RHD guys? Will you have RHD cores to swop out?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread