E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Body Shops in Atlanta Area?

12-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
xjackhunter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Body Shops in Atlanta Area?

I had to replace most of my front end due to an accident. I'd like to paint the whole car as the current paint is pretty bad. If anyone could recommend me a reputable body shop in the Metro Atlanta area I would be very appreciative. I'm not looking for show-car paint, just something on par with factory paint.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

I had tons of work done at the Nalley body shop when I got rear ended and was very happy with their work. I recently had considerably more minor work done (clipped girlfriends garage door) at a place in Smyrna that did good work (but were really flaky on communication and timing) if youre looking for something like that. The other place might be cheaper than Nalley, but I cant compare apples to apples since the Nalley was $3100 billed to another persons insurance.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #3
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjackhunter View Post
I had to replace most of my front end due to an accident. I'd like to paint the whole car as the current paint is pretty bad. If anyone could recommend me a reputable body shop in the Metro Atlanta area I would be very appreciative. I'm not looking for show-car paint, just something on par with factory paint.
Thanks!
World Toyota Collision, right by the Toyota dealership on North Peachtree Rd.

Address: 3955 N Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30341
United States

They did my old E46 330Cic when it was almost new (truck tire hit it, damaging the fender and bumper). I kept that car from 2008 - 2015 and you couldn’t even tell that it had been hit. Ditto my ’02 RL and my old ’10 XC60. All three cars had metallic paint and the color match was spot on. Excellent service!

Whatever you do, don’t go to the body shop associated with United BMW Gwinett. Horrible quality of service, to say nothing of their customer service - stay far away from them.

Last edited by Hoody007; 12-06-2019 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:25 PM   #4
xjackhunter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjackhunter View Post
Thanks!
World Toyota Collision, right by the Toyota dealership on North Peachtree Rd.

Address: 3955 N Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30341
United States

They did my old E46 330Cic when it was almost new (truck tire hit it, damaging the fender and bumper). I kept that car from 2008 - 2015 and you couldn't even tell that it had been hit. Ditto my '02 RL and my old '10 XC60. All three cars had metallic paint and the color match was spot on. Excellent service!

Whatever you do, don't go to the body shop associated with United BMW Gwinett. Horrible quality of service, to say nothing of their customer service - stay far away from them.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
53N30W
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328

Ahh that's tough I took mine to reds restorations in forsyth county. Great job on my front bumper. That said i would go to a non dealer low production shop that works on Ferrari , Porsche etc. They are out there . It's the paint job that kills you if you get over spray clear coat and tape lines.
Appreciate 0