E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 Indicator/Turn Signal Issue

04-03-2023, 04:41 AM   #1
Ver$335
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW LCI E92 335i

E92 Indicator/Turn Signal Issue

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2011 E92 335i.

Currently my indicators/turn signals on the right side are not working, specifically the rear and side indicators. I assumed it was not an issue with the lights themselves because both rear and side indicator lights failing couldn't be a coincidence. I confirmed this by plugging the rear right tail light into the left tail light harness and saw the indicator working. I believe this is a wiring issue as I could not get a reading from the right rear indicator wire with a multimeter.

I am aware that an issue with the FRM could cause this however I am optimistic it is not because the right headlight indicator works and there are no other issues with lights/windows/mirrors.

The previous owner said he replaced the battery and I've heard battery replacements can damage the FRM.

Could this be an FRM issue? Even though it is only affecting the right rear and side indicators but not the right headlight indicator?

Additionally the right door (driver's door) won't open. The exterior and interior handles won't open the door despite the lock mechanism working working fine when I use the key fob and metal key. I believe this is unrelated and I will just replace the latch mechanism.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Appreciate 0