E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Phil @ ReevesBMW - HUGE +++

09-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Boost!
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Thumbs up Phil @ ReevesBMW - HUGE +++

About 1.5 months ago, I decided to PM Reeves BMW inquiring about the 335is mufflers after browsing their vendor classifieds thread explaining they had many sets in stock. 15 minutes after sending my initial PM, I received a PM from ReevesBMW with a quote shipped to my address. I actually brushed the PM to the side not responding to his message since I had some personal things come up that I had to tend to first.

Fast forward to last week, I decided to actually return his message asking if the offer still stands. Again, within minutes I received a reply back from Phil (ReevesBMW). I decided to pull the trigger and order the pair of mufflers for my 335i. Phil quickly sent me a credit card form via my personal email and I quickly shot it back to him as complete. That same afternoon (last Thursday), he shipped out the mufflers via UPS.

The mufflers were delivered yesterday on 9/11/2012 in new condition. This is where I need to CLEARLY state that the following information is in regards to how TERRIBLE UPS is as a logistics company and that this is not directed towards Phil OR Reeves BMW at all.

I look at the box when I arrived back home only to see it beat to hell, literally. I asked myself if this box was ever in normal “square” form before it was delivered, that’s how deformed it was. To put it in perspective, the box looked like it was dropped from a Boeing 737 during takeoff or landing.
It really didn’t hit me that I probably should’ve taken pictures of it to send to Phil; however I was more worried about what type of condition the mufflers were in. I opened the box and they were in perfect condition as far as I could tell.

I quickly took my car to my friends place and put the car on the lift. It didn’t occur to me that there were no exhaust clamps in the huge box the mufflers came in until I put the car on the lift and remembered that I had to cut the exhaust during the installation and use exhaust clamps for the new mufflers. Thankfully, it looks as though my 335i went in for service during the previous owner’s ownership, so it looks like BMW installed 2 of the 3 clamps already as if maybe the passenger side of the exhaust was replaced for some reason. So I had 2 of the 3 exhaust clamps needed for installation but was missing 1.

I shot off en email to Phil the following morning explaining the situation regarding not receiving the exhaust clamps with the mufflers. He responded back assuring me that he checked off those items on the check list which he created for EVERY order he processes. It then occurred to me that the box was beat to hell not to mention there was a pretty good sized hole on the end of it as well. I said…Phil; let me explain to you what the box looks like right now. Maybe that’s why the exhaust clamps are missing. They probably fell out of the box during shipping (Keep in mind I double checked the box to make sure they were not in there).

Phil quickly resolved the issue by letting me know that he was going to credit the amount for the 2 exhaust clamps which I already had (Car went in for previous service I suspect) back onto my credit card and send the 1 additional exhaust clamp that I needed via the mail this afternoon. No hassle, no haggle, no BS. Phil was straight to the point and fixed the problem which mind you really wasn’t HIS problem, it was UPS’s problem.

Phil was extremely easy to get a hold of. I can’t even imagine any other vendor on here with that type of level or service for their customers. I didn’t have to leave a single voicemail when trying to reach him via the phone – almost impossible in today’s industry. Most importantly, he reached out to me, letting me know what he was going to do to resolve the issue and to verify that I was pleased with that outcome.

Huge props to Phil at ReevesBMW for the outstanding service. From now on, I will be ordering everything BMW related through you.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Boost!; 09-12-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0