E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Issues with possible valvetronic

08-24-2021, 12:24 PM   #1
Faisel28
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 bmw 328i

Issues with possible valvetronic

Okay new to forums never really used them ever hopefully i can get some help so original issue i performed valve cover job long story short forgot a ground caused a arch shut vehicle down (was running) car would not even crank after this i had to replace my CAS,DME & my gear position (neutral safety switch) sensor in the tranny replaced fuses on battery and the BST this resolved my no crank no start issue now iam cranking strong and i feel like my car is starting and then dying and cranking again i have good fuel pressure new optima battery ive been using my own personal scanner carly scanner and i now have access to inpa & ista D which have further helped me just dont really know how to work them fully the only code iam seeing that i would think to cause my issues is the eccentric valve sensor? I have no other codes but one that states my valvetronic is binding or open circuit if I replace even the motor im going to do sensor as well i want to replace both things my question is is there any way possible for me to test this sensor and know for sure this is my last issue before i can finnaly start and drive this cars its been down 4 months ive spent well over 1000$ trying to fix just the no crank issue so i really dont want to go spending money on a sensor and motor that could possibly still not be my issue im just looking for any insight or help to push me in the right direction ive shot all my shots and i feel like this sensor now is the culprit vehicle in question is a 09 328i Xdrive N51 sulev (live in Florida no sulev warranty trust me i wish i could go that route)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 12:32 PM   #2
nicked8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 335i M-Sport xDrive

1. Please type in sentences.

2. Post in the general section instead of the Florida regional section so more people see your thread.

3. Eccentric shaft sensors can result in no start. If you clean up the details of your post people will be able to help with diagnostics
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #3
Faisel28
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 bmw 328i

10/4 thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0