E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Engine warning light.

06-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #23
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

No.

You need a GARAGE to read the ERRROR CODES.

You are only guessing.
      07-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #24
Dipsd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: NA

I got the warning light the other day in my 320 as I was joining the motorway. I wasn't flooring it like others in this thread, I was actually in a high gear and slow, probably should have geared down. Then it just shuddered a little and the light came on.

The light disappeared when I turned the engine off and I don't think it reappeared for the whole journey home.

I haven't been driving the car much recently. Once a week for short journeys has been the norm sadly. Will have to take it in to the dealers on Monday I guess.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 06:01 PM   #25
badboy335i
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
The VANOS code doesnt necessarily mean its a solenoid.
There is a known wear issue with the camshaft ledges, which cause loss of pressure I guess.
You will find the vanos gears dont position as quickly as they should as a result and you get a vanos tining error.
Sometimes low oil / oil surge / hard cornering on rough like track kerbs can cause it, or simply dirty lube.

Needs more info.
hi old thread but just found this my engine checklight come on other day just a little symbol not a half checklight it didnt cut power but it was after a rough long corner when it come on wierd how drivability wasnt effected did panic though lol ..2009 e92 335i n54 6mt ..
Appreciate 0