E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Front license plate law in WA

08-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #23
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
I've never heard of anything like this. Can you check with your friend and get some more info?
sure, I'll try but hes kind of
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #24
Tiho_BMW
Hahn BMW,WA Internet and European Delivery Manager
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 530 i SMG , 93 850 CI

Hello Guys,
I am owner of 93 BMW E31 ( 850 ci ) and for third year do not have front plate on car. never got pulled over and to tell a truth i have Led foot ( you know what I mean )
Police is aware of this issue on roads. many cars have no place to attach this funky thing on front and efecting cooling system on many cars to work harder or to overheat engine. why some States do not requaire plates on front like Arizona? They respect aerodymnamics of sport cars and fuel efficency. In most of States like WA they like to have humangous metal on front to use for Radar readings becouse in today technologies front end of cars are designed for very low coeficency drag bellow 0.3 that beam of Radar can not hit any flat surfaces to bounce back to a gun for accurate reading. For lasers is diferent. Yes, you can get a ticket for it, curently here in central WA is $54 and it is NOT Moving Violation therefore it wont go on your driving record. I trully hope they will change this low and help us with fuel economy as a saving energy and save precius metal for building a cars than for this purpose.
To tell another truth also, Police officers are drivers also and they own BMW's too. they understand us very well. if we do not push them to pull us over we will be fine. Don't you agree?
tiho
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #25
Tiho_BMW
Hahn BMW,WA Internet and European Delivery Manager
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 530 i SMG , 93 850 CI

good responce Ted,
you know I have E91 1993. i do not use front plate for 3 years on this car and i have no clue where is it.
no problems here in central or on west side of WA State.
they do not need this plate like in Arizona.
i use my Euro plates ZOLL for 3 months no problems.
tiho , Hahn BMW
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #26
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
My friend is a member of the Subi forum www.iwsti.com and he told me that there is some kind of special permit that you can get at a local fire department to allow you to not have a front license plate, he said it was about $15 or so.. does anyone know about this?? He wasnt very clear when he was explaining it to me and couldnt remember specifically where it was.
This doesn't appear to mention any such permit...

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.16.240
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #27
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

I'm noticing people saying the front plate ticket is about $100 and a non moving violation... what I'm wondering is why I got a ticket in Bothell for no front plate and it's $200 and the officer marked it as "traffic". If that means it will go on my record(whether i have to pay the fine or not) I think that's ridiculous.
I have my court date today in Bothell, which pisses me off since I'll lose pay at work(new job and no time off yet).
I'm trying to figure out what to say when I'm in front of the judge... just tell him the plate is on there now? I put it on with autobody tape.
Or argue that the cop had no reason to pull me over? He flagged me over(they had a speed trap) without ever seeing the back of my car. He couldn't have known I wasn't from a state like AZ that doesn't require plates.

I know I left it to the last minute to figure out, I have had so much going on lately. On top of it all, I get to work and there's white specs all over the front of my jet black 328i and I just washed it last night. I hope it's not overspray...it kinda wiped off my headlight but not sure about the paint.
It's just not my day.

If anybody has any suggestions for my case today I'd much appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #28
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
I'm noticing people saying the front plate ticket is about $100 and a non moving violation... what I'm wondering is why I got a ticket in Bothell for no front plate and it's $200 and the officer marked it as "traffic". If that means it will go on my record(whether i have to pay the fine or not) I think that's ridiculous.
I have my court date today in Bothell, which pisses me off since I'll lose pay at work(new job and no time off yet).
I'm trying to figure out what to say when I'm in front of the judge... just tell him the plate is on there now? I put it on with autobody tape.
Or argue that the cop had no reason to pull me over? He flagged me over(they had a speed trap) without ever seeing the back of my car. He couldn't have known I wasn't from a state like AZ that doesn't require plates.

I know I left it to the last minute to figure out, I have had so much going on lately. On top of it all, I get to work and there's white specs all over the front of my jet black 328i and I just washed it last night. I hope it's not overspray...it kinda wiped off my headlight but not sure about the paint.
It's just not my day.

If anybody has any suggestions for my case today I'd much appreciate it.
Bothell cops are lying shitbags. The worst of the worst. They do all sorts of illegal shit including setting up radar traps in unincorporated Snohomish county - long after they are out of their jurisdiction. As far as the ticket goes, tack it up with some scotch tape or something for a temporary picture. Take the picture into the judge and show him. He will NOT go outside to check and on the off chance that he does tell him it's in the shop. It's a BMW and he'll believe it...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #29
brocken
Captain
Rep

i currently have the plate on my bumper...I plan on leaving it on.
I just dont want to pay Bothell $200 or get a ticket on my license.

Last edited by brocken; 09-27-2007 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #30
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Bothell cops are lying shitbags. The worst of the worst. They do all sorts of illegal shit including setting up radar traps in unincorporated Snohomish county - long after they are out of their jurisdiction. As far as the ticket goes, tack it up with some scotch tape or something for a temporary picture. Take the picture into the judge and show him. He will NOT go outside to check and on the off chance that he does tell him it's in the shop. It's a BMW and he'll believe it...
+1

Just play it dumb and tell the judge that you are sorry and the plate is there now and see what he says. But you are really screwed if the same cop in Bothell pulls you over again.

My GF got a ticket in Renton last year and her fine was $125.00. But she had a Euro plate up front....

I have been pulled over 12 times on my Firedird (all in Shnohomish) county by different cops and they all gave me a verbal warning....... until this one same cop pulled me over again and gave me written warning.... Yours is the 1st case I am hearing wher eyou get a ticket right away without a warning....

Thank God down in Seattle cops are too busy to give a crap about front plates!
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #31
brocken
Captain
Rep

I hope that will help if i show it's been fixed.
I am working in Seattle now and they could care less about something silly like a front plate. I think Bothell PD just has too many cops for the area and not enough to do.

I was harrased two previous times and all in bothell(not for plates though). When I had a 350z I was puled over for speeding. I know I was going 35 in 30 and the lady tried telling me I was going 45. Then she made a comment on how she knows you cant drive a car like that slowly. Then for the plate ticket the officer says its always 'this type' of car without plates...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #32
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
I hope that will help if i show it's been fixed.
I am working in Seattle now and they could care less about something silly like a front plate. I think Bothell PD just has too many cops for the area and not enough to do.

I was harrased two previous times and all in bothell(not for plates though). When I had a 350z I was puled over for speeding. I know I was going 35 in 30 and the lady tried telling me I was going 45. Then she made a comment on how she knows you cant drive a car like that slowly. Then for the plate ticket the officer says its always 'this type' of car without plates...
See it's not just a stereotype here. They really are a bunch of cocksuckers. And btw if any of them are on here I drive a white Honda Accord and NOT a 335 coupe LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #33
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
See it's not just a stereotype here. They really are a bunch of cocksuckers. And btw if any of them are on here I drive a white Honda Accord and NOT a 335 coupe LOL
The cops prefer "profiling" rather than "stereotyping"

So far, my Audi A4 (3 years w/o front license) and 535i (3mo), no problem with cops. I passed several speed traps so the cops for sure saw no plate.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #34
BMW0
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My New Mexico plate is good for 2 more years so, when time comes i'll have to convert to WA plates myself. Dreadful

"Freude am Fahren" = "Joy to Drive"
Appreciate 0