E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > My Super Glossy 5D Carbon Fibre Interior Wrap Project

02-22-2017, 02:25 AM   #23
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Great work. Used the same stuff for mine last year. Not the easiest vinyl to work with, but can't beat that real CF look.
      02-22-2017, 03:43 AM   #24
MsportFury
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Comp & E92 325d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpie168 View Post
That stuff looks sooooooo gooooooood!!! Well done bud, looks totally pro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora323 View Post
Damn. That looks stunning! Congrats on a job well done!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Great work. Used the same stuff for mine last year. Not the easiest vinyl to work with, but can't beat that real CF look.
Game, how is the wrap holding up after a year, i'm worried that when summer hits, this stuff may not be durable enough to stay stuck down in the corners with the constant heat?

Thanks alot guys, it took some time and patience, as as Game says it was difficult to work with, especially on the corners, but I think it was worth it!

My Leatherique dye and restoration products will be arriving in the next week or so, Imola Coral Red accenting throughout the interior to come soon!
      02-22-2017, 03:48 AM   #25
Josh_G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsportFury View Post
Game, how is the wrap holding up after a year, i'm worried that when summer hits, this stuff may not be durable enough to stay stuck down in the corners with the constant heat?

Thanks alot guys, it took some time and patience, as as Game says it was difficult to work with, especially on the corners, but I think it was worth it!

My Leatherique dye and restoration products will be arriving in the next week or so, Imola Coral Red accenting throughout the interior to come soon!
Are you all done with the carbon now?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 03:58 AM   #26
MsportFury
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_G View Post
Are you all done with the carbon now?
Not quite, I've still gotta do the Rear Centre Console Trim, and the passenger Side Doors Trims.

Will post pics as and when I get to those, as I will complete the project, but i'm not in a huge rush to get those last bits done as I rarely see them!
      02-22-2017, 04:11 AM   #27
Josh_G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Not quite, I've still gotta do the Rear Centre Console Trim, and the passenger Side Doors Trims.

Will post pics as and when I get to those, as I will complete the project, but i'm not in a huge rush to get those last bits done as I rarely see them!
nice!, if you want to offload some of the extra wrap you have im willing to take it of you hands
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 12:42 AM   #28
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:

The corners on some of the vents have actually lifted a bit and no longer looks perfect. I assume heating it up and pulling a little should fix the issue.
      02-28-2017, 09:59 AM   #29
asquared
E39
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i

I have the same issue. I wrapped my center piece by the gear shift twice now. Can't get the corners to stick and stay down. The wrap is very thin and pliable and won't hold up in very warm climates. Kinda frustrated with it since it does look really good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 05:20 AM   #30
MsportFury
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
I have the same issue. I wrapped my center piece by the gear shift twice now. Can't get the corners to stick and stay down. The wrap is very thin and pliable and won't hold up in very warm climates. Kinda frustrated with it since it does look really good.
I don't have this issue yet, just wanted to see whether Game had experienced any issues, try using 3M Primer 94 whilst wrapping next time mate. Also, The vinyl you have used is different to what I have, the pattern isn't quite the same.