E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Advice From Someone Who Has Fully Repainted

02-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
churchillps
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Advice From Someone Who Has Fully Repainted

Just looking to hear from someone who has had a full respray. I have new rocker panels & trunk that need to be installed, a rear bumper that looks like it was hit square on by a shopping cart, a left door that had a truck open its door into it (it's Texas, excessive damage for someone who parks way in the back of parking lots, but no one's considerate here), and a front bumper/hood riddle with rock chips despite being repainted 3 months ago (50 mile commute on highway each day + pretty sure the paint shop did a horrible job).

I have an E92 in BSM. Since basically everything but the hood and quarter panels need repainting, I was thinking about potentially getting a full respray and getting rid of every tiny mark that annoys me even if I'm the only one who can see it.

Can anyone share their experiences?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

do a full color change with door jambs, under hood, and under trunk as well!!!! Black is going to show everything, and after a month or so, clear bra that front end!
Appreciate 0