E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM recoding

01-06-2024, 02:57 PM   #1
brianmojica15
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Question FRM recoding

I’ve prob done the most reading I’ve ever done in my life looking into how I can fix my FRM. ( replaced the battery and windows, headlight controls, ect stopped working) I was told by a mechanic that if I put in a new one without it being coded first can cause it to not start/worse damage…. Don’t know how true that is so asking here if that is a possibility. I’ve also been looking around and seeing if I can find a downloadable link for inpa, ncs expert and wink fkp I bought a cable and said to come with a software but unable to download it because of a virus on the cd. I have the new module but just to intimidated by the unknown so seeking help with knowledge. Seeing if anyone out the in the Orange county California area (Costa Mesa) can help me without having to spend $1200. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 02:42 PM   #2
Rclay
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328xi

I had a the same problem. Try BimmerGeeks, they've made an app called ProTool that's VERY easy to use. I was able to code my FRM in a matter of a few minutes. You wil lneed to also have an OBDII connect, wifi or cable, that they sell too.
Appreciate 0