E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > NCC ///M Club Day: 05-14-2010

NCC ///M Club Day
Calendar: USA - Mid-Atlantic
pseto
Major General

The National Capital and Tarheel Chapter's are pleased to announce the first of two joint ///M Club Day driving schools this year at the BMW Performance Center in Greer, SC. The expert instructors at the Performance Center design this event specifically for our Chapter members. It is truly a one-of-a-kind experience!

The BMW Performance Center provides the cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day. Just show up ready to drive! The school's focus is to improve your driving skills through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. This year' schools should be similar to previous ones, which have included instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, grip, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer, improved vision and car control skills. The day is divided into various morning skill and afternoon competition sessions. Did we mention the Performance Center supplies the cars, gas, tires and lunch for the day?

We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to the program, so session contents and cars may change depending on time schedules and new product model availability.

Since this is a joint school, each chapter will have 16 slots available (school has 32 participants in total) and we anticipate that it will fill rapidly. The cost of the school is $625 per driver. Registration will open on March 15th, 2010 and close on April 10th, 2010.

To register: http://ncc.motorsportreg.com/

Each NCC member may bring one non-member driving guest. Each driver must pay the entire fee to participate. Non-driving guests are welcome for tour and dinner events. Based on high demand and past experience, you should act early to reserve your spot. This event always fills up quickly.

We will once again be organizing a Friday morning convoy from northern Virginia to Spartanburg for all interested attendees. NCC group rates will be arranged through the Greenville Marriott. Factory tour and dinner reservations have been made for the group. More information on these activities will be posted soon. Please contact Jerry Poliquin at gspoliquin@cox.net or Doug Verner at NCCDSRegistrar@me.com for questions or additional information.

See you in Spartanburg!!!

Tentative Schedule

Friday May 14, 2010
5:45AM - Meet and sign-in at the Manassas Cracker Barrel, just off I-66W
6:00AM - Convoy leaves for Greer, SC
2:45PM - Group Zentrum and Factory Tour
5:30PM - Check-In @ the Greenville Marriott
6:30PM - Group Dinner @ Barley's in Greenville

Saturday May 15, 2010
8:00AM - Meet @ Performance Center
8:15AM - Drive day begins
5:00PM - Drive day ends
6:30PM - Group Dinner @ Blue Ridge Brewing Company in Greenville

Sunday May 16, 2010
Drive home as a group or on-your-own.

The Fine Print:

- A current BMW CCA membership number is required.
- All drivers must be 18 or older with a valid drivers license.
- Priority will be given to National Capital Chapter members for 16 of the 32 slots in the school. If the school is not filled by March 30, 2010, the school will be opened to members of other BMW CCA Chapters (with priority to Tarheel Chapter members.)
- Cost of $625 includes Performance Center ///M Club Day school with lunch and the Zentrum tour (paid by NCC). Each attendee is responsible for all other meals, lodging costs and travel expenses.

Directions to the Caravan Start:

From the Washington, DC, Beltway (I-495)

Take I-495 to I-66 west.
Exit at 47B (north 234).
Turn right at traffic light onto Battleview Parkway to the Cracker Barrel.
From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695)

Take I-95 south to I-495 west.
Follow the directions above.
RSVP'd No: 1
  • pseto - Same day as my golf outing, there's another in the Fall
RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed.