E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > DCT Overheat & Hesitation Issue - 35i

10-27-2019, 05:34 AM   #23
rsmallwo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

Unhappy

I've tried running the car without a remap and its made no difference, it has to be something mechanical, this isn't a software issue.

I've put my remap back on the car in preparation for sale but now I can't bring myself to pass this car onto anyone in a private sale so will probably have to take a massive financial hit taking it for part ex.

My love for this car has disappeared, this issue has defeated me and has put me off DCT boxes for life!!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 06:44 AM   #24
noname1
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 335i dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmallwo View Post
I've tried running the car without a remap and its made no difference, it has to be something mechanical, this isn't a software issue.

I've put my remap back on the car in preparation for sale but now I can't bring myself to pass this car onto anyone in a private sale so will probably have to take a massive financial hit taking it for part ex.

My love for this car has disappeared, this issue has defeated me and has put me off DCT boxes for life!!
I had vaguely similar issues to you, although the main issue was it would lock me out of all gears but 2nd occasionally. It also refused to go into gear a number of times which I think may have been because it was overheating. I took it to BMW about a month ago and they said the mechatronic unit had failed..... brand new DCT fitted at a price of 18k....
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 02:57 AM   #25
rsmallwo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname1 View Post
I had vaguely similar issues to you, although the main issue was it would lock me out of all gears but 2nd occasionally. It also refused to go into gear a number of times which I think may have been because it was overheating. I took it to BMW about a month ago and they said the mechatronic unit had failed..... brand new DCT fitted at a price of 18k....
I saw your post.........I hope that was some sort of warranty claim at that price.

I'd be happy to go ahead and source a 2nd hand replacement DCT and have it fitted if i knew it would fix the issue. But with no error codes mechanics just don't want to touch it......I don't want to throw £2k at it and not fix the issue either!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 12:57 PM   #26
rsmallwo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Well, I ended up selling the car on as to me it was noticeable.

Heard back from the dealer that bought it, the issue was the coil pack(s) and nothing DCT or VANOS.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 03:32 PM   #27
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:

Heard back from the dealer that bought it, the issue was the coil pack(s) and nothing DCT or VANOS.
Damn that's crazy... I was reading the thread and was going to bet maybe the garage shop never did the fluid fill up procedure properly considering the more common overheating.

I've got a DCT to in this 335is and so far it behaves. Although I also have the xHP stage 3 flash.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 11:11 AM   #28
Smokey33
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 335i DCT FBO

Quote:

How does a faulty coilpack cause gearbox issues? thats uter bull.
Appreciate 0