E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Testo Requested Injection Quantity

09-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
jeepinvader
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Testo Requested Injection Quantity

Does anyone know if I can log the requested injection quantity using Testo? I've found "STAT_INJCTL_QCURR_WERT" which is actual injected quantity, but the only other similar value I've found is "STAT_INJCTL_QCURR_EINH" which is just the unit of mg/Hub. Also, if anyone knows if I can monitor the requested and actual values on the volume control valve on the HPFP let me know. I've already found the rail pressure requested and actual. Just trying to do some troubleshooting. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 12:36 AM   #2
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Stat_einspritzmenge_aktuell_wert
Stat_einspritzmenge_soll_wert

You can also look at main injection, pilot injections and post injection.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2018, 09:33 PM   #3
jeepinvader
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post

Thanks for the reply Yozh, but I could not find those. Do you happen to know which job I could find those under? I went through all of them, but didn't see those. I'm thinking I might not be connected to the correct ECU. When I select Detect ECU from the main menu, it connects to "DDE 7.3 für N57". I would expect it to connect to "DDE 7.3 US (Serial)". Maybe I just missed it.

I did find "STAT_LAUFUNRUHE_DREHZAHL_ZYL1_WERT", and "STAT_LAUFUNRUHE_LLR_MENGE_ZYL1_WERT" for each cylinder. Something about running speed value, and running quantity value. Not sure, but I logged them anyway.

I just stumbled upon the INPA Logging thread, I'll have a good read through there and see if I can figure something out.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 10:26 PM   #4
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Use DDE 7.3 fur n57 but you select that after you build a custom job. Google how to build a custom job. You can then select anything you want and in any combination. There are hundreds of parameters to choose from.
The actual DDE code in TestO for our car is D73N57C0. You chose that when building a job.
Here is a quickie:
In TestO, go to Tools
Choose Custom Jobs
Choose ECU
Choose New Job
Name your job, click OK
click Table button
In search field type the parameter you are looking for
Double click to add to your job
Close the window your job is saved.
Then in TestO in ECU list choose your DDE7.3furN57
Your custom job will come up. Double click to select, or choose from custom jobs menu.
Appreciate 1
Mik325tds805.50
      09-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #5
jeepinvader
United_States
Rep

Thanks again, Yozh. I won't get to mess with it again for a while, but reading through the INPA Logging thread has cleared up a few things. Apparently creating a custom job will increase the data refresh speed also, which is a very good thing!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 06:51 PM   #6
sergio 61
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post

Hi thank you very much for all the tutorials and data on Testo. I was wondering, however, if it makes much sense to look at expected values vs actual even if I have a tune? Will the expected values be the correct modified ones or the factory ones? Also, do you know of any more values I can tract, except for the actual vs expected rail pressure value, to diagnose my low fuel pressure problem? Any suggestion is welcome thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 09:06 AM   #7
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio 61 View Post
Hi thank you very much for all the tutorials and data on Testo. I was wondering, however, if it makes much sense to look at expected values vs actual even if I have a tune? Will the expected values be the correct modified ones or the factory ones? Also, do you know of any more values I can tract, except for the actual vs expected rail pressure value, to diagnose my low fuel pressure problem? Any suggestion is welcome thanks
Expected will be what the tune commands. You definitely want to look at expected/requested vs actual.