E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Eoctune DPF delete

02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d e91 M Sport

Eoctune DPF delete

For those of you did not see this 1st time round I've posted this up again!

I have just installed an Ecotune pipe and Ifash remap on my 2006 e91 330d, removing the dpf was a real pain, and took about 4+ hours, looking at the Haynes manual it sounds easy, this my experience although others may have done this differently, below is my write up at how it was done using 4 poster car ramp.

Remove the top engine cover and air filter for easier access to the dpf sensor connectors also remove the underside engine plastic enclosure panel, disconnect the exhaust at the dpf outlet end (clamp) disconnect the 2 exhaust rubber hangers and push the exhaust system back and using a block of wood at the rear sub frame end to keep it in position, next remove the engine mounting turret drivers side (jack up engine to remove and leave supported) once out of the way, undo the 2 steering rack bolts remove bolts and move rack forward and down under the sub frame brackets (track rods still connected)

You should be in a position to start removing the dpf itself, there are 3 sensors and 1 pipe connected to the dpf, remove the pipe by pulling it off, disconnect the 3 sensors, the rearmost sensor on the dpf above the small pipe needs to be removed as it will stop the dpf coming passed the steering column, the other 2 can remain, next undo the the turbo clamp with large spring which holds the dpf to the turbo exhaust housing , undo the dpf bracket underneath between the block and dpf also undo a further bolt from another dpf support bracket higher up near the steering coloumn from underneath, once these are undone the removal can begin.

Lower the engine down with sump resting on the sub frame, a second person will now be required, using a long crow bar between the steel X bars and the sub frame to the underside of the engine mount alloy support bracket, lever the engine over (only moves a small amount) and you should be able to pull the dpf down and out from its position, its still very tight and and may require some tugging to get it passed the gear box bell housing and alloy shields fitted to the bulkhead and chassis leg/inner wing but it will come down and out, be aware its quite heavy!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

thanks for the write up, dont suppose you took any pics along the way?

How much did the ecotune pipe cost if you dont mind me asking (pm me if you prefer)
Appreciate 0