E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Airbag light came on

12-29-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
Armandaz
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 320D M-sport

Airbag light came on

Got a E92 320d, a week after getting it I was driving to work and the airbag light came on randomly while going over a speedbump at like 10-15mph (might have just been a coincidence). Haven't hit anything, or been hit and the car doesen't seem to have ever been in an accident or anything, so my guess is there's something with the airbag/seatbelt sensor? (Both airbag and seatbelt warning lights are constantly on in the dash).

I've checked the wires under the front seats briefly, and all the wires seem to be in place and nothing loose (although I did find the previous owner had a couple of those yellow tree airfreshners tied around something under the passenger seat). Took the airfreshners out carefully, and the lights are still coming on the dash.

What do you guys reckon might be the problem? Should the airbag warning light turn off itself if everything is right or does it need to be reset somehow? Can I reset it myself or does it need to be done by someone at a garage and pay them to do it, and if so roughly how much?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
Bluewater335D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 35D, F48 X1, M4, 911, 3.2

I'd search the Forum, I would think that this has happened to members in the past

If you have a Scanner that should throw up Airbag fault(s) - you can then clear these and re scan - if faults re appear you will have to find out why, what they refer to, and sort the problem out.

may not be an Airbag specific problem - could have thrown up the code because of a seat belt problem
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 12:58 PM   #3
gaffasbm
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 320d n47 lci msport

Garage List
1989 325i  [0.00]
2009 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armandaz View Post
Got a E92 320d, a week after getting it I was driving to work and the airbag light came on randomly while going over a speedbump at like 10-15mph (might have just been a coincidence). Haven't hit anything, or been hit and the car doesen't seem to have ever been in an accident or anything, so my guess is there's something with the airbag/seatbelt sensor? (Both airbag and seatbelt warning lights are constantly on in the dash).

I've checked the wires under the front seats briefly, and all the wires seem to be in place and nothing loose (although I did find the previous owner had a couple of those yellow tree airfreshners tied around something under the passenger seat). Took the airfreshners out carefully, and the lights are still coming on the dash.

What do you guys reckon might be the problem? Should the airbag warning light turn off itself if everything is right or does it need to be reset somehow? Can I reset it myself or does it need to be done by someone at a garage and pay them to do it, and if so roughly how much?

have you checkked your battery box ? i had the same issue . common problem where you get a water leak from the rear light that fills battery box up and shorts out the battery blow off cable this will cause the airbag light to come on.
Appreciate 0