E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Lighting Options E90 N54 335i

01-09-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
Jungle_VIP
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 LCI E90 N54 335i SE

Lighting Options E90 N54 335i

Hello Folks

This is my first BMW forum post but I've been reading posts for a couple of years now.
I have recently got myself a Space Grey 09 LCI N54 335i SE. It's not got much in the way of options but it's clean, comfortable and I'm happy with it.

So, yesterday the dipped bulb went and so I figured, good excuse to upgrade. I've got an LCI halogen set up. I've previously done some research looking through the forums, at Xenon conversions but that looks too expensive what with buying units, wiring, coding etc... so I'm off that.

What I do want though is a "white light" set up, all round, interior and out. I'm going to go Philips Xtreme Vision H7 (I think I can go +130%???), I'm looking into LUX Angel Eyes but can't find an option for 335i, for some reason they say they are not compatible - does anyone have any idea on this?

From there on in, I get a bit more confused, there are indicators, side markers, fog lights, door lights, and internal lights. What are side lights? Does anyone have a lighting diagram for the car?

I'm looking for some advice, especially bulbs to get the cleanest matched look. Inside and out. I also want to know about coding options for the light configurations. I want to run the DRLs as halos only, or with fogs but no dipped beam. Would also like the interior lights to default to the reading lights, door and footwell lights, not the main internal light.

Lots of questions, any help would be appreciated. I've looked for a post that covers everything but I've come up short.

Nice one :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 02:33 PM   #2
sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Hi there and welcome!

As for your Halogen lights, have a little read through this thread: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438935

Hope that helps
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
Jungle_VIP
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 LCI E90 N54 335i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirleeofroy View Post
Hi there and welcome!

As for your Halogen lights, have a little read through this thread: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438935

Hope that helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirleeofroy View Post
Hi there and welcome!

Hope that helps
Thank you Sirleeofroy :-)

I've skimmed over the first couple of pages and will read through properly during the week, certainly a lot of info and really great to have another option, I didn't know about! This looks like it could be a good alternative to the Philips halogen bulbs. I'll hold fire on questions until I've read the whole piece but it could be the better way to go over the updated halogens.

I've also found a couple of other threads recommending fitters both for internal lights, cluster and buttons and Xenon conversion (I know I said against Xenon conversion but weighing up all options,... I suppose there are some time, effort and costs that could be offset against frequently replacing halogens).

In the mean time I've put a cheap halogen replacement bulb while I make up my mind. Still waiting to hear back from LUX to see what they recommend for 335i considering they seem to have a problem with it.

Thanks again
Appreciate 0