E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: TVandNav2Go

08-13-2008, 04:29 AM   #155
Espi
Espi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 - S. Graphite -

Thumbs up This DIY was perfect!

This DIY made this install very easy. It did take a long perod of time, but that mainly dealt with me taking my time. I purchased my unit from AVelectronic.com. It appears to be the same unit that is in this DIY. I think I paid $450 ish for unit. The setup was straight forward and it is completely plug and play. To use the I-Drive Menu button it took two wire taps to the harness behind the monitor. At this point I have installed a 6 Disc DVD Valor changer that I found on ebay for $160 and I am in process of integrating a CARPC. With the PC I am incorporating a XMPCR to listen to XM. I am using a Sprint Compass 597 USB aircard for the net and GPS. This USB grabs the GPS from SAT not triangular sites. It is a NMEA device, pretty cool with Google Maps.

To anyone that has some experience with PC's I recommend building their own CarPC. The pre built systems are all around $1000 plus. I put mine together for about $260 w/ shipping costs. OS will be extra, but pricewatch.com has some pretty good finds. Assy is not that bad and their is different front end software to make the PC more accesible while driving.

I am at the point where I have everything running, but it is time to start build the box and enclosure to clean up the system. When I am finished I plan to post as many pictures that I can to illustrate the work that I have done. This DIY got my started and I hope to provide the same type of detail as this one did.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #156
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

so u will have to uninstall or unplug everything when u go in for service?
shit that is shit loads of works there
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #157
us_matrix
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY14 M5 Black Sapphire

Hi all,

Glad I found this DIY and but I am in the same boat as deaheechang... I got the video interface newer vesion with CAN H and L wire. I am trying to install the rear camera. But i am confused with the wires on Power cable from the interface unit.

There are bunch of color cables without connectors. Like ACC, GND, SAFE, LAMP-V and CAN H, L.My question is what is the LAMP-V for? Is it for rear camera to get power or else? If for camera power, should I just hardwire the rear camera power cable to this grey color LAMP-V cable? I understood the ACC i could use fuse tap (One of the accessory fuse) for power and GND just fro Ground only. What about SAFE cable from interface?

Thanks.
Mugen
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #158
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Ok so I installed the unit today. But there is no yellow wire in the power harness. The only yellow wire I have is the can bus wire....forget if it's the high or low one.

Anyway, what are you splicing together in post #16, step 4?

My unit powers on with just the Red ACC wire connected to a switched source in my car.

I think the yellow wire you are referring to is to tap into the iDrive knob so you can use it to switch sources.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #159
Dr.M.Kassab
Enlisted Member
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 330i Sedan

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
hey guys.. i dont mean to jack your thread!!!
but, i actually found this
http://www.ascautopark.com/product/s...lang=en&id=467
same kind of interface .. but i have noticed that it has --SD-- and --USB-- near the antenna plug.. none of theh other interfaces have it..
any opinions?
      04-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #160
BamfE92
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92

Great DIY...Thanks
Appreciate 0