E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > ABS Light

09-18-2018, 04:10 AM   #1
AdamMac
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320D

ABS Light

Hi all

Hope this is in the correct section, my first post so still learning. Also I sorry for what's a common topic but cant quite get the answer I'm looking for.

I bought a 2005 E90 320d a month ago. I've had the ABS trio of lights come on (ABS, Traction control and red handbrake) a couple of times since buying, all under same weather conditions (Wet/windy) each time the lights have gone out after the car being left parked up for a while. Sunday, while driving there was a loss of power, like the brakes had been applied, and the bong noise followed by the lights, car drives fine tough. This didn't happen yesterday while driving but has today (weather again is wet). Only this time when I restart the car the handbrake turns yellow then switches to red after driving a few feet.

What i find odd is that the tire pressure symbol will come on first then the ABS. Sunday I checked my tire pressure before the issue happened. Could it be a problem there causing the ABS to trigger a fault?

Could it be a dodgy wire/sensor getting wet? The weather is improving now so it'll be interesting to see if the lights are gone later.

I've not had a chance to search for fault codes with a reader yet either.

Hope you can help.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
AdamMac
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320D

Got an update. Left the car parked for a while, started it up and lights came on but went off within a few feet. All back to normal. Drove about 10 miles, again the rain was heavy. As i was climbing up-hill, drop in power and the DTC light flickers then bong and the three lights back on. Drives fine and pulls without issues.

I've done a quick code check and it tells me CC-ID 50 (runflat issues) and CC-ID 42 (Brake and drive train failure or DSC Control System/Ride Height adjustment)

Could it be that it's a wiring issue and water is getting into one of the sensors?
Appreciate 0