E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Upgrade from Japan PREMIUM 2012

12-22-2021, 03:50 PM   #1
wynes
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Upgrade from Japan PREMIUM 2012

Hey Guys,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I have a e92 (2010) LCI with CIC running Road map version Japan PREMIUM 2012.

I've tried to upgrade this using USB (in glovebox) but I am never prompted to update on CIC display, also no options to upgrade in Nav menu / settings.

USB is 32GB, USB 2 and has been formatted to FAT32, I'm able to get the 1b hex file from the car using the same USB so i presume the USB is good.

I have tried multiple map files (AU and NZ 2018 and 2020 Premium) but still no luck.

Some of the forums I've read indicate that I need the i and tick symbol in the corner of the CIC nav menu, effectively this indicates that my maps have previously been updated to a version that can now be updated with a USB stick. So, because I don't have the i / tick symbol do i need to update via DVD / ISO? Since I'm CIC I don't buy into this to much but because there is a bit of info floating around on the interweb I thought its worth investigating.

If anyone could help me i would be most grateful.

I spent a lot of time looking for a ISO Roadmap download but haven't been able to find anything, are there any links around that people know of?
Ideally I am after Australian and New Zealand Roadmaps but if i can upgrade to a later version of another region (that gives me i / tick) i can then upgrade using the USB version I already have for my region.

1 more thing i would like to clarify is, I presume i can upgrade from Japan maps to AU/NZ maps without any coding in CIC?

Thankyou !
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 01:00 PM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Japan CIC has external navigation unit, check the trunk covers
      12-30-2021, 10:54 AM   #3
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

well, it seems i little disinformed you
the separate unit was for CCC
for CIC you have to reflash whole CIC and in one time and put european image on hdd to convert japan CIC to NA/EU
wynes10.00