E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Can someone recommend me a good SA?

05-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
ibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM 335xi e90 LCI M-Sport

Can someone recommend me a good SA?

I use to service my car at Peabody because I know a real cool SA who even visits this forum from time to time. He drives a 335D! (yes, modded).

I just found out that he's no long with Peabody so I'm out one cool SA. If anybody's got a cool SA they'd like to recommend, I'd really appreciate it. I only have KW v3's, Rixster vent gauge, and Cobb tune, but I'd still like a decent SA that's not freaked out by any sort of mods. Feel free to send me PMs!

Any help is appreciated!

Oh yeah, and I live in Watertown, so hopefully one that's not too far away. I used to get my car serviced at Herb Chambers, but that was before any mods. I feel like the SA's there are a hit or miss, so unless there's one that you guys know isn't a !@#$%, I'd rather not risk it going back there.
COBB Stage 2+ | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | ER FMIC & CP | Tial Q | Injen CAI | VRSF DP | BMS OCC | KW V3 | M3 Rear SFB / Sway Bar / Susp Bits / Strut Brace | Megan Racing Toe Arms | HPA Swaybar Endlinks | Apex EC-7 | Michelin PSS | MH 75mm Stud Conv | OEM Perf Grills and Diffuser | Exotics Tuning Front Lip | LUX H8 | Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow | LLumar 35%
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'd really like to suggest Kevin Waters at BMW in Sudbury. He will take real good care of you. Has had a few fully built race cars and drives an M3 now among other things. I live much closer to peabody but just about everything is insanely expensive there compared to Sudbury, plus no Kevin in peabody to take care of you the right way.

I'm 100% sure he won't give you any bullshit or anything. Full disclosure he is a long time friend, but if you go to him he will treat you the same way.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
ibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM 335xi e90 LCI M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I'd really like to suggest Kevin Waters at BMW in Sudbury. He will take real good care of you. Has had a few fully built race cars and drives an M3 now among other things. I live much closer to peabody but just about everything is insanely expensive there compared to Sudbury, plus no Kevin in peabody to take care of you the right way.

I'm 100% sure he won't give you any bullshit or anything. Full disclosure he is a long time friend, but if you go to him he will treat you the same way.
Thanks a lot! I'll give Sudbury a call and ask for Kevin. I really appreciate it.
COBB Stage 2+ | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | ER FMIC & CP | Tial Q | Injen CAI | VRSF DP | BMS OCC | KW V3 | M3 Rear SFB / Sway Bar / Susp Bits / Strut Brace | Megan Racing Toe Arms | HPA Swaybar Endlinks | Apex EC-7 | Michelin PSS | MH 75mm Stud Conv | OEM Perf Grills and Diffuser | Exotics Tuning Front Lip | LUX H8 | Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow | LLumar 35%
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

No problem at all. He's a cool guy he will make the ride worth it I'd imagine.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
krazyking
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 BMW 335Xi

Quote:
No problem at all. He's a cool guy he will make the ride worth it I'd imagine.
Would he be mod-friendly?
      05-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Would he be mod-friendly?
I'm not going to speak for him officially, but what are you talking about when you say that? If you have an exhaust or suspension is he going to somehow void your whole warranty? I don't think that's how it works. But if you bring in the car for suspension problems for example and the thing has an aftermarket suspension on it....theres only so much you can expect. But if you are having headlight problems NO dealership should be telling you it is because you have coilovers or something unrelated. I believe there is actually a law covering stuff like that.

Every dealership should be mod friendly, unless of course you want to get a part that has been modified covered under warranty. I'd imagine if you have some crazy high boost levels and a tune and blow your motor you'd be screwed as well and that seems logical to me.

I'm sure if you have reasonable expectations he will be a great SA. What mods do you have and what service are you going in for?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
krazyking
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure if you have reasonable expectations he will be a great SA. What mods do you have and what service are you going in for?
Fair enough, and I understand that. But I just wanted to find out how lenient they are, some stealerships can be a PITA.

As of now only a JB4. I have AR DP's and AFE DCI's waiting to be installed, however, I've been holding em off cause I don't wanna run into troubles/hassles with the stealers if I have to go in for any CPO warranty work.. That's probably all I plan to install in terms of performance mods.
      05-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Some useful info on the topic here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Fair enough, and I understand that. But I just wanted to find out how lenient they are, some stealerships can be a PITA.

As of now only a JB4. I have AR DP's and AFE DCI's waiting to be installed, however, I've been holding em off cause I don't wanna run into troubles/hassles with the stealers if I have to go in for any CPO warranty work.. That's probably all I plan to install in terms of performance mods.
I'd imagine that you'd still be covered unless you blow the motor they could probably blame the JB4 with no way to argue that it was to blame, but that is incredibly unlikely if you know how to drive so I think you'll be just fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #10
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

I have worked with Kevin too and he is very professional and doesn't seem to be one of those SAs that are trying to get out of taking responsibility of issues.
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
krazyking
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'd imagine that you'd still be covered unless you blow the motor they could probably blame the JB4 with no way to argue that it was to blame, but that is incredibly unlikely if you know how to drive so I think you'll be just fine.
Well I'd most probably take out the JB4 when going in for service, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualbong View Post
I have worked with Kevin too and he is very professional and doesn't seem to be one of those SAs that are trying to get out of taking responsibility of issues.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I think I'm going to go ahead and install those last few mods.
      06-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
krazyking
Lieutenant
Rep

I think my HPFP just took a shit on me. The car has long cranks and won't start up and gives me the Check engine light. I'm gonna have to get it towed to a stealership with BMW Roadside Assistance. I'm thinking of going to BMW Sudbury to see Kevin.

Do you guys think they will give me shit for my mods (intake and catless downpipes)? I will try and remove the JB4 before getting it towed.