E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Wealth Hypocrisy

07-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #23
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Epitome of elitism. They have a fortune in assets because they are special.

The reason anyone should care is they want to tax people in the middle.

If someone is really concerned about income inequality, there is a vehicle to address that problem. It's called charitable giving. US median income and wealth are something around $60,000 and $97,000, respectively. Please give your asset and income down to that level and do some good.

PS. I don't like 'chicken hawk' hypocrisy either before someone throws out a "what about...."
This would apply to more than just Obama. As for the "what about..." argument, its clear that the whole thread is a "what about Obama" response to criticism towards another politician that the creator of this thread has historically and vehemently supported. One can logically deduce that hypocrisy isn't unique to either person: but that's not the picture the OP wanted to paint. That would be too reasonable.
It really had nothing whatsoever to do with the Billionaire Trump - it was about how Barack has all along positioned himself as Robin Hood, but is a hypocrite - like the others I cited.

But now that you mention it... Trump has been anything but a hypocrite about his wealth. He loud, boisterous, and pretty much of an asshole about it. Which is why he's more real, and less "politician."
He's not a "politician". He's a reality star who embodies nepotism.
It's the same thing....
That's one thing we can agree on.

Previous: 2015 i3 REx • 2016 F30 340i M Sport ZTR • 2013 F30 328i Sport • 2006 Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw2315.00

07-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #24
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I took the thread as being about Obama and elitists. The initial post mentions others. Generally the wealthy left advocates income equality and the chicken hawk right is ready for war too easily.
The OP uses Obama and Hillary as arguments against Trump criticism. That's what this thread is really about. The right can bash the left so that the left can waste their time debating it while the right goes about their business.

Quote:
So because someone who defends Trump hits out at Obama you say Trump's a traitor.
Trump's crimes as a traitor, in my opinion, far outweigh Obama's as a so-called hypocrite.

Quote:
I think Trump is an obnoxious idiot but didn't know that he collaborated with a state the US is at war with.
They don't have to necessarily be under declaration of war.

Quote:
This is why politics in the US have gotten so screwed up. I'm going to say the sun doesn't rise if someone I disagree with says it does.
According to Trump, you just have to be very very strong in your opinion. Or just lie about what you said.

Quote:
Looking at your garage list, did this all hit a nerve?
I'm not following.

Quote:
I need to stay away from this subforum - it's as aggravating as flipping thru all the news channels.
Agreed.

Previous: 2015 i3 REx • 2016 F30 340i M Sport ZTR • 2013 F30 328i Sport • 2006 Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #25
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
The OP uses Obama and Hillary as arguments against Trump criticism. That's what this thread is really about. The right can bash the left so that the left can waste their time debating it while the right goes about their business.

Trump's crimes as a traitor, in my opinion, far outweigh Obama's as a so-called hypocrite.

They don't have to necessarily be under declaration of war.

According to Trump, you just have to be very very strong in your opinion. Or just lie about what you said.

I'm not following.

Agreed.
You keep saying he's a traitor but if still waiting to hear what he has been charged with treason for?
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you don’t see it, and if you don’t believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 2
SakhirM47430.50
sirdaft11847.00

07-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #26
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
You keep saying he's a traitor but if still waiting to hear what he has been charged with treason for?
But I'm very very strongly saying he's a traitor.

Appreciate 2
      07-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #27
irishbimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

seemed to be on display in helsinki
Appreciate 1
jmg4782.50

07-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #28
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
You could almost see the leash tied around Trumps balls. The world saw who was in charge there. You got to be pretty dim not to... or just a blind supporter.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #29
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
Quote:
I don't think anyone should take a vow of poverty.

I think people should practice charity according to their conscience, not by government mandates.

I also don't think people should exercise largesse with other people's money.

Much less, "spread other people's money around."

See the difference?
Social and infrastructure spending enables the creation of wealth: it is just good business, not charity. American public largesse is another problem with deep roots in your political history; the money could be spent far more effectively. Anyway, none of this has anything to do with hypocrisy.
Infrastructure spending isn't the issue - it's welfare, immigration costs, etc.

Democrats tend to want to use public money to help those with less; Republicans feel its a personal issue of charity.

The hypocrites present themselves as generous- but the reality is they're generous with everyone else's money.
      07-21-2018, 01:57 PM   #30
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Gotta love the "spread that wealth around" crowd:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/19/obama-house-rich/

Obama criticizes the wealthy at his South Africa speech, before going home to his (one of two) $8m mansions...

He joins Bernie and Gore and Kerry and....
The actual comments and that article's interpretation are umm...vastly different. Definitely explains the outlandish and misguided views you've formed.
Weren't you the one that worked on Obamacare?
      07-21-2018, 01:58 PM   #31
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Epitome of elitism. They have a fortune in assets because they are special.

The reason anyone should care is they want to tax people in the middle.

If someone is really concerned about income inequality, there is a vehicle to address that problem. It's called charitable giving. US median income and wealth are something around $60,000 and $97,000, respectively. Please give your asset and income down to that level and do some good.

PS. I don't like 'chicken hawk' hypocrisy either before someone throws out a "what about...."
This would apply to more than just Obama. As for the "what about..." argument, its clear that the whole thread is a "what about Obama" response to criticism towards another politician that the creator of this thread has historically and vehemently supported. One can logically deduce that hypocrisy isn't unique to either person: but that's not the picture the OP wanted to paint. That would be too reasonable.
It really had nothing whatsoever to do with the Billionaire Trump - it was about how Barack has all along positioned himself as Robin Hood, but is a hypocrite - like the others I cited.

But now that you mention it... Trump has been anything but a hypocrite about his wealth. He loud, boisterous, and pretty much of an asshole about it. Which is why he's more real, and less "politician."
He's not a "politician". He's a reality star who embodies nepotism.
It's the same thing....
No it isn't. Cronyism is different from nepotism. Unfortunately DJT is up to his surgically tied down badger fur with both.
Cronyism is better?

Maybe you should ask the Clintons? You pick which one.
      07-21-2018, 02:01 PM   #32
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You could almost see the leash tied around Trumps balls. The world saw who was in charge there. You got to be pretty dim not to... or just a blind supporter.
They had a private meeting, and none of us know what was said. IIRC, so did Trump and Kim - and Kim subsequently released our hostages, stopped nuclear testing, and opened dialogue with South Korea. So no one really knows...
      07-21-2018, 02:04 PM   #33
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They had a private meeting, and none of us know what was said. IIRC, so did Trump and Kim - and Kim subsequently released our hostages, stopped nuclear testing, and opened dialogue with South Korea. So no one really knows...
No one knows... which is very nurturing for backdoor deals and corruption. It also dismisses accountability.

Appreciate 1
      07-21-2018, 02:26 PM   #34
irishbimmer
Major
Rep

Quote:
It was clear at the press conference-anyone in their right mind was blown away by the things that were said, before and after the could/couldn't retraction.

Oh, and by the way, you cannot name one family or company that has not benefited from the hypocritical largess you so myopically complain about.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #35
gjm120
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

There needs to be just one big "I hate Trump" thread. When Obama was president I got really tired of the incessant bashing. I even had a friend's email directed to junk until he quit sending me all the 'Michelle's a man' type bs.

BUT, the anti Trump stuff has gotten silly. The worst thing that maybe happened with the Russians is that they got emails that showed Hilary cheating on debates, cheating on the primaries and more sent to Wikileaks. And just maybe, maybe Trump had something to do with it. Sorry that isn't a traitor to me as much as I disagree with Trump on a lot of things.

I mean it this time - I'm outta this section.

07-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #36
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No one knows... which is very nurturing for backdoor deals and corruption. It also dismisses accountability.
Potentially yes, but potentially no.
      07-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #37
irishbimmer
Major
Rep

Quote:
There needs to be just one big "I hate Trump" thread. When Obama was president I got really tired of the incessant bashing. I even had a friend's email directed to junk until he quit sending me all the 'Michelle's a man' type bs.

BUT, the anti Trump stuff has gotten silly. The worst thing that maybe happened with the Russians is that they got emails that showed Hilary cheating on debates, cheating on the primaries and more sent to Wikileaks. And just maybe, maybe Trump had something to do with it. Sorry that isn't a traitor to me as much as I disagree with Trump on a lot of things.

Nah, some of us are of the opinion that we do not like what we are witnessing and hearing and we certainly aren't alone. For some, hate does not enter into the picture and it is genuine concern for the country.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 10:47 PM   #38
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Nah, some of us are of the opinion that we do not like what we are witnessing and hearing and we certainly aren't alone. For some, hate does not enter into the picture and it is genuine concern for the country.
Do you dislike everything about trump? Not one good thing he has done?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 10:49 PM   #39
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Damn..that thought of having a leash tied around the balls is just bad. Really, must not be fun. How does it attach? Like a clip on the scrotum? Just reading this lame thread makes me diverge to this .
      07-22-2018, 12:07 AM   #40
schoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Infrastructure spending isn't the issue - it's welfare, immigration costs, etc.

Democrats tend to want to use public money to help those with less; Republicans feel its a personal issue of charity.

The hypocrites present themselves as generous- but the reality is they're generous with everyone else's money.
Maybe read the transcript of Obama's speech instead of reading soundbites and headlines. Obama was saying that the wealthy should donate more to charity.
Appreciate 1
jmg4782.50

07-22-2018, 01:54 AM   #41
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Weren't you the one that worked on Obamacare?
No.

Quote:
Cronyism is better?

Maybe you should ask the Clintons? You pick which one.
Far, far worse, especially when combined with DJT's peculiar brand of nepotism.
      07-22-2018, 02:06 AM   #42
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
No.

You still owe me the gazillion dollars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 02:09 AM   #43
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Potentially yes, but potentially no.
Based on how self-serving Trump has been historically, his blatant dishonesty, greed, and weakness of character... I'd say the chances are very very strong. Very strong. Very very strong. There, did I say it enough to make it true? Yay! I win!

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 02:20 AM   #44
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Quote:
No.

You still owe me the gazillion dollars!
Fuck. Did I take an Ambien again?