E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

03-06-2011, 04:19 AM   #1981
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
No one has any clue about my problem? I saw some guys asked same question about VIN is faulty error some pages ago, and nobody gave an answer :|..
This sounds like you did not install the whole package correctly. Make sure you follow the DIY and extract the files to where they belong, with the correct PATH set etc.
      03-06-2011, 04:58 AM   #1982
Schumi
Registered
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320dA 08/05

Sadly, I've done it two or three times, but I know something was not like in DIY. At the step 9.b. b. -> "Ensure “use fifo uffers” option is marked and receive buffers and transmit buffers are both set to 8. Once that is finished press ok and exit all windows." Fifo uffers? Or buffers? Anyway I could not find that in the Port Setting Tab..Maybe here is a problem?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #1983
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI

I almost have defeated DVD in motion but need some help. I am coding values via the NETTODAT and I can write the changes and they work only until the car powers down. Anyone have any ideas on how to make the change perm. please email me. I am really close and have gotten it to work but the coding goes away after the car reboots and the NETTODAT file reverts.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #1984
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Is there any way to have REST come on when you leave the car automatically? I keep forgetting it.

[edit] I do have REST_TASTE_VERBAUT, set to aktiv, but not in the IHK module (no idea which module - it's one of those settings that are SOMEWHERE but i can't find where).
I don't think having the REST coming on automatically would be a good idea, if you do many short trips it could potentially kill your battery?

For the REST_TASTE_VERBAUT location, I can't help very much, how many lines (settings) are in your IHK module ? Maybe there is another related to climate control. Mine is 168 lines: http://pastebin.com/BSu2DbMz
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #1985
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Translate the whole file

Hi everyone, here a quick trick I did. I saved my complete FSW_PSW.TRC (225kb) file to a txt file, made a global "find and replace" to replace "_" by spaces. Then sent that file to google translate. Here's the result: http://pastebin.com/Gn6SsUTm

No need to try to find a nice software switch and translate them one by one... Now you can seek interesting switches in plain English
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #1986
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

2011 e92 sept built

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlethae View Post
I've tried finding these in NFRM but they're not in mine (2011 E90):

(...)

There's also some modules I don't have access to yet (no daten files available in this thread work): MEDIA, PDC, FLA, 63BMO.
Anyone have a software update for us 2011.

I also have some modules very interesting that I can't read: 2URAD, 63BMO, BDSC, DWAS, MEDIA (Combox?), NFRM, TGBT, TGFT.

Here's the list of accessible module on my 2011 e92 (sept built):

Code:
2JBBF read
2URAD Unable to read
63BMO Unable to read
ABG   read  		Airbags / Seatbelt
BDSC  Unable to read	Stability Control Module
BFGB  read
BFS   read  		Seats
CAS   read  		Car Access Module
DWAI  read  		Alarm
DWAS  Unable to read	Alarm
ECALL read
EKP   read  		Fuel pump
FAGB  read
FAS   read  		Driver seat module
FZD   read  		Roof switch (sunroof, Bluetooth)
IHK   read  		Air Conditioning Module
KOMBI read  		Instrument Cluster
LSMC  read  		Steering column memory
MAMP  read
MEDIA Unable to read    Combox?
NFRM  Unable to read    Footwell module
PDC   read  		Park Distance Control
PGS   read  		Antenna (CBS - Condition Based Service)
RLS   read  		Rain Light Sensor
RSMC  read  		ABS?
TGBT  read
TGFT  read
VGSG  read  		Transfer case
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #1987
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalud View Post
Hi everyone, here a quick trick I did. I saved my complete FSW_PSW.TRC (225kb) file to a txt file, made a global "find and replace" to replace "_" by spaces. Then sent that file to google translate. Here's the result: http://pastebin.com/Gn6SsUTm

No need to try to find a nice software switch and translate them one by one... Now you can seek interesting switches in plain English
Not bad. Except we don't know what the original ones were!!!

There are two I really want to try based on your spreadsheet. HOME LIGHTING DEMOLITION and START DEMOLITION BRAKE. I think my car needs some more punch, and my house does need some renovations after this winter.
      03-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #1988
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not bad. Except we don't know what the original ones were!!!
Well, half true, we still have the line number so we can find the original by cross checking the original file...

Quote:
There are two I really want to try based on your spreadsheet. HOME LIGHTING DEMOLITION and START DEMOLITION BRAKE. I think my car needs some more punch, and my house does need some renovations after this winter.
Well, I'm not going to "test" those, maybe some brave can do this for us ?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #1989
orangedawg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Regarding the "ff buffer" issue and perhaps not seeing that option in ports, make sure you have your cable plugged into your computer (but not plugged into car) when you do this step. My computer doesn't have a com1 until I plug in cable and then it shows up. Once you see it under ports, then go to advanced or whatever the directions say. At least that how I was able to do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #1990
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

Does anybody know if BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface is capable of reading and clearing CEL, Airbag and other errors?
      03-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #1991
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumere90 View Post
Does anybody know if BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface is capable of reading and clearing CEL, Airbag and other errors?
Yes, with INPA.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #1992
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

OK, making progress! I was able to code the windows/sunroof close with the key fob. I was also able to disable the front sidemarkers (i.e., set the U.S. sidemarkers to not active).

Next, I attempted to add the factory alarm to my VO. It seems I was successfully able to do so in the CAS module, but I get no beep at unlock or lock. The clown nose is still flashing, as it was before any coding changes were attempted. I'm thinking that the VO change has to be processed in another module besides CAS to get it to activate. The question is, however, which module and how do I tell?? I read through the VO change DIY and all it says it to code the other modules but it doesn't specify how to tell which modules need the VO changes.

Finally, I attempted to add the headlights to my Welcome Lights but receive the error below when attempting to code the NFRM module.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #1993
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Edit: Just started coding tonight, at first I was regretting cheaping out with the $30 Serial cable, but then found a machine with a serial port and everything worked! Now on to some features...will be reading my MAN file the next few days lol.

Last edited by yakev724; 03-06-2011 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #1994
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
OK, making progress! I was able to code the windows/sunroof close with the key fob. I was also able to disable the front sidemarkers (i.e., set the U.S. sidemarkers to not active).

Next, I attempted to add the factory alarm to my VO. It seems I was successfully able to do so in the CAS module, but I get no beep at unlock or lock. The clown nose is still flashing, as it was before any coding changes were attempted. I'm thinking that the VO change has to be processed in another module besides CAS to get it to activate. The question is, however, which module and how do I tell?? I read through the VO change DIY and all it says it to code the other modules but it doesn't specify how to tell which modules need the VO changes.

Finally, I attempted to add the headlights to my Welcome Lights but receive the error below when attempting to code the NFRM module.
That means the car does not accept the coding. Wrong value or not possible on your car.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #1995
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
That means the car does not accept the coding. Wrong value or not possible on your car.
I assume you're referring to modifying the Welcome Lights to include the headlights, and not the VO situation I'm talking about in the same post? If so, is it strange then that the factory coding has them set as "nicht_aktiv" and I'm not able to change them to "aktiv?"
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #1996
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazticrecords View Post
I almost have defeated DVD in motion but need some help. I am coding values via the NETTODAT and I can write the changes and they work only until the car powers down. Anyone have any ideas on how to make the change perm. please email me. I am really close and have gotten it to work but the coding goes away after the car reboots and the NETTODAT file reverts.
Yep.
      03-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #1997
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Check to see if the alarm is turned on to beep when you unlock and lock the car.

This is through your BC stalk menu the one where you can see your oil level etc. It is under the settings.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #1998
Toshi
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i xDrive Coupe (G15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldoxmf87 View Post
Weren't you the one who taught me how to get rid of the errors?
Yes. That's me.
CC_MELD_PARKLICHT also disables the AE bulb check/flashing on start-up?
I've never tried it myself.

[ Present ] 2021 BMW M850i xDrive Coupe (G15)
[ Retired ] 2014 ALPINA B4 BiTurbo Coupe (F32)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #1999
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalud View Post
Yes, with INPA.
so I can pretty much do everything? as far as coding, readin/clearing the codes, registering battery?
awesome
      03-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #2000
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:

what car do you have? I have 06 e90. I set these values in DWAI to aktiv. Try to see if you can locate these 2 fields in DWAI. I don't know german so I just test these 2 values and I was able to hear the chirp audible.

chirp arming? QUIT_AKUST_SCHAERF
chirp disarming? QUIT_AKUST_ENTSCH
      03-07-2011, 06:30 AM   #2001
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I assume you're referring to modifying the Welcome Lights to include the headlights, and not the VO situation I'm talking about in the same post? If so, is it strange then that the factory coding has them set as "nicht_aktiv" and I'm not able to change them to "aktiv?"
Yep, I was talking about welcome lights.
And you know why it doesn't accept the coding? There's no "aktiv" in welcome lights. It's "soft_einschalten". If you have Xenon headlights that won't work either, I think you need either "hart_einschalten" or there's no way to have them on.

Guys, any way to disable-enable one-touch sun roof?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:43 AM   #2002
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
Damn, I think I went a little too far with coding.
My AE's come one now at full brightness if I press my brake pedal
Made a video and have a value saved on my laptop. If anyone wants it let me know

it's something along the lines of bremhl rl_bl_1
Appreciate 0